Cape Fear River report

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by joe0580, Jun 10, 2007.

1. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    went last night so thought i would give a small report to let you know what was caught. fished with cut fresh shad and caught a total of 6 with 3 in the 10 lb range and 1 in the 15 lb and 1 over 20. gave all to a guy who had been there all day with his kids and wife so they could have something. most were caught between 11pm and 1 am. used a new hook . a circle and had to get accustomed to it. kinda had at first but let them pull drag and they hooked themselves.

2. bronco67

bronco67 New Member

State:
    nc
    circle hook hu imagine that:eek:oooh::big_smile:

3. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    circle hooks are the deal!!!!....love them!!!!:big_smile:

at least somebody caught something, went to the haw last night and got caught in a 1.5 hour thunderstorm and a skunking....freaking 12 rods out with primo (big live kicking blue gills) (fresh cut gizzard shad) bait and nothing.

dave caught a small channel and greg caught an eel...dave hooked into a big one at the end of the night but that was about the extent of the excitement....It was better than sitting on the couch talking about fishing...

Joe, you would have love to have had that eel for bait...

will blame it on the spawn..:confused2:

4. michaelgriffis

michaelgriffis New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hello Joe, it's been a while, I was thinking of heading down your way in a week or two, woundered if you were interested in getting together and do some boat fishing? Also, I needed to get some more lead weights?

later,

Mike Griffis

5. TheCatfishingBoy

TheCatfishingBoy New Member

State:
    NC
    We havent caught any Big catfish this year at the cape fear, but we have caught some gaint carp with earthworms
    :smile2: