Cape Fear River report for friday

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by joe0580, Jun 24, 2007.

1. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    went out around 8 something and fished with a new freind at lock 2. with in about 20 minutes he had a 15 lber on and i was getting a bite. by the time it was all over at 130 in the morning we had 8 cats caught and lost 4 . the biggest one was 35 lbs and smallest was around 12. was a good night and kinda quite too. update some more later with pics

2. norton

norton New Member

State:
    NC
    were is a good part to fish in cape fear

3. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    depends on if on a boat or bank. where are you trying to fish and for what species. let me know something. i give you as much info as can.

4. norton

norton New Member

State:
    NC
    i have a 24 pt boat i fish from i just wont to hook a big fish any kind of cat fish will work i love the fight the give:big_smile:

5. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    you can put in at any lock but be careful of lock 3 and 1. they are kinda of narrow. lock 2 is wide but have to watch out for stuff that gets hung o ramp. aka logs and trash. at 1 have to watch the high and low tide stuff. but there is good fishing down there. ask john he can fill you in on the spots there. let me know about when you want to go and i try to clear time so we can do something. ok. talk to you soon.