Cape Fear River Report 4/1

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by FATFLATTIE, Apr 1, 2008.

1. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Britton and I got out amongst the wind, rain, and occasional lightning today for some a little catfishin'. We got to our first spot and it immediately dumped for about 15min. and then it started to thunder and lightning. We decided to head back to the ramp after only 1 bowfin. Well we got almost there and it kinda cleared up so we decided to give it one more go. I'm glad we did. I caught my biggest river flathead twice(no big feat :smile2:). Britton finally broke the 20lb mark with a 26lber and he caught a 16 and a 12. My biggest flathead went 17lbs. We ended up with 10 all together. All of them were caught on Carolina rigs anywhere from 1.5-40ft of water. We caught them on shad, eel, and crappie interestingly enough. It was really a great day on the water and it actually turned into a beautiful day other than the wind.

PS-The noseeums are back already in ridiculous numbers:angry: They tore us up in a few places.

Attached Files:

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Well I almost forgot these pictures. It was just a little guy but here ya go anyway:wink:

Attached Files:

3. 01richard

01richard New Member

State:
    kansas wichita
    nice fishin good thing you didnt give up the first time hopfully the fishing will pick up here in kansas

4. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    looks like ya'll had a real good time !!

5. NCHawghunter

NCHawghunter New Member

State:
    Alamance County North Car
    Nice catch....looks like yall had a good time.

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Britton caught the big one. That was definitely his personal best! It was one heck of a fish.

7. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    sounds like a nice trip maybe we will see you sunday on the river .going to do my best to make it

8. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    You guys had a good day. I'm still kicking myself in the rear for missing it.

9. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Congrats bro! What a hog!!! Jay called me last night and said you guys got a beast, I was absolutely PRAYING you'd have pics on here...sometimes wishes come true I guess! lol Bet that sucker gave him fits eh?

10. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Yeah, it worked him pretty good . If it had been in real swift current it would have probably lasted twice as long.

11. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Wes I believe Im gonna have to make a trip down there to the Cape Fear and stow away in your boat!! Man looks like yall had a great day on the water!! Thanks for the pics! And congrats on both the BP

12. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Them are some nice looking fish thank you for the pictures

13. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    great fish, how much did that one weigh?

14. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    No idea, we've gotta get a way to safely weigh a fish like that. I'm thinking a sling of some sort but I don't think we have to worry about getting one like that too often:smile2: Neither one of us may ever see a fish that big again in the bottom of our boat. I'm still exited and I didn't even catch it!

15. jigghead1

jigghead1 New Member

State:
    NORTH CAROLINA
    Good fishing up in the cape fear.

16. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Take the handle out of you landing net, then weigh the fish in the net and subtract the weight of the net. That's what we do, my net with out the handle is 1.6lb. Hope this helps, and a good fish by the way!