Cape Fear River Report 2/3 and 2/4

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by FATFLATTIE, Feb 4, 2008.

1. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Me and the fiance went out yesterday for a little catfishing and ended up with a pretty good day. Caught a few small ones while we were eel fishing. Caught enough eels for the day and then ran up river. Hit my two best spots and got 4 blues and 1 flathead and then went back down river to hit the incoming tide and fished one more spot and caught 1 blue and 1 flathead. Cathy got her biggest blue yet, she actually put a whoopin' on me!

Me and my buddy Jason went out today and went with the same game plan. Fished some new spots and ended up with 2 flats and 2 blues. One of the flatheads was a nice one, probably 30+. Missed/lost several fish. Oh well, it was a pretty good two days of fishing.

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Sorry, I forgot to add the pictures.

Attached Files:

3. striker52

striker52 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    good to hear that you did well. Where were you fishing on the cape fear, if you don't mind me asking.

4. Arojekt

Arojekt New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    We so gotta get Alex's boat in the water.

5. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    We were fishing near Wilmington. Little farther east than you guys are I believe:smile2: I dunno how the fishing is up that way, but it's been pretty good down here lately.

6. striker52

striker52 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    your telling me man.

Yea you guys are a lot more down river than us haha, if only some of that good fishing you speak of would come up this way ha

7. Timber Cat

Timber Cat New Member

State:
    Penderlea NC
    Those are some awesome cats you and your fiance caught fatflattie :big_smile:. Nice to be able to take advantage of this "warm" weather we have had the last day or two.Glad you guys had a awesome trip.

Hey,if ya don't mind me asking,how are you catching your eels? Are you using traps are hook and line? And what in the world do you use for bait for them rascals?Any info you could pass my way on that would GREATLY be appreciated.Thanks

Timber

8. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I just use shrimp cut in small pieces on hook and line. Carolina rig with a small hook #1 or #2

9. razorback

razorback New Member

State:
    Camp Lejeune, N.C.
    Knew i should have headed for the Cape Fear, instead I decided to try a couple of small lakes in the Croaton National Forest. The Great Lake (it isn't) and Catfish Lake. At Catfish Lake there are only 3 spots where you can bank fish that i found, now i did catch fish at all 3 sites but the biggest one might has been, oh... i don't know maybe 5 inches. But what the heack the weather was awesome and I was out fishing, its all good. Cheers!

10. natethegreat

natethegreat New Member

State:
    north carolina
    30+ wow thats a nice flat

11. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Nice fish thanks for sharing.