Cape Fear River Lock & Dam #3 nice, fat Blues

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA CATFISHING' started by Carolina Outdoor Life, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Carolina Outdoor Life

Carolina Outdoor Life New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Name:
    Jeremy Brown
    Hello, I am new to this site. Anyone in the Fayetteville region? Went yesterday and did real well caught 6 blue cats all over 10lbs using live bluegill. No flatties (which is what I wanted). Water level is extremely low but did real well on my favorite spot on the first bend. downstream from the Dam. Note: They were FULL of freshwater clams, so many that when you squeeze their belly, you can feel them. Had a great time :) IMG_20190629_172254609_HDR.jpg IMG_20190629_154522604.jpg

2. diehard

diehard Well-Known Member

State:
    LOCKPORT ILL.
    Name:
    Fred
    nice fish and that looks like a nice clean river.

Carolina Outdoor Life likes this.

3. Carolina Outdoor Life

State:
    North Carolina
    Name:
    Jeremy Brown
    The suds below the dam sort of scare me though, the water pushes over the dam and produces a lot of suds. Hopefully...that is just natural but something tells me it could be some sort of pollution. They recommend not eating every day...just a few portions a week. But the fish are undeniably healthy!

4. Carolina Outdoor Life

State:
    North Carolina
    Name:
    Jeremy Brown
    Pardon me...but my current situation is delicious!

Attached Files:

prlwng likes this.
  5. JEB

JEB Active Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Name:
    JEB
    Those are some good looking cats!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  6. Matthew.Morris

Matthew.Morris New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I would love to hear more about this area. I recently moved to Fayetteville area (So Pines), and plan to take my eldest (5yo) on a 2 day fishing/camping trip. Would really like to tap into some local cats and sunfish.