Cape Fear Question

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by kenmany, May 24, 2006.

1. kenmany

kenmany New Member

State:
    NC
    Hello All!!! I have been in Wilmington NC for about a year now. I am originally for the mountains of NC where I was familiar with all the rivers and where to fish for nice cats. This spring I started fishing in Sutton Lake. There are some nice cats in Sutton but it seems like one day is good and then there may be a week of fishing and nothing is caught. I have a boat and thought I would try the cape fear, but I know nothing about the river. Anyone have any ideas where I could dock my boat and find the kittys. Thanks a lot.

Kenneth

2. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    Castle Hayne is probably your best bet. Straight up 117 on the right before you cross the bridge, nice big ramp there, go up river and find a hole!
    Good Luck

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    There is a ramp at Lock & Dam 1. Take hwy 74/76 west to hwy 87 north toward Elizabethtown. Take a right on Locks 1 road just past East Arcadia.

4. Timber Cat

Timber Cat New Member

State:
    Penderlea NC
    You can also go to Rocky Point where hwy 210 and hwy 117 cross.Coming frow Castle Hayne.When you get to that stop light at Freddy's store turn right and go over the I40 bridge heading towards Hampstead.Right before you cross the NE Cape Fear river bridge at Lane's Ferry there is a boat landing on the left at the store.Cost a buck or two to launch the boat but there are some nice places there.