Cape Fear Lock#2 Elizabethtown

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Joe321, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Joe321

Joe321 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Headin down in a week from Jacksonville, wondering how the water level is and the fishing. Anybody with a center console ever put in there. How deep is the water at the ramp if anybody knows.

2. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    i have a 2070 cc and have no problem......just watch the wash out of the hole until you get out to the center of the river.........you should be fine the rest of the way till you pass the creek after the 2nd loaf! then it tends to get shallow..........fish the 90 degree bend on the left with the high rock looking ledge between the hole and the bank.......if that doesnt turn up a flatty croos the river behind the white sandy looking beach under the willows.........listen for the water run off on the rocks on the ledge........as far as hows the fishing.........:doubt::cry:.........well maybe after the rain this week........but watch the weather report before you head down......they are calling for thunderstorms thursday - sunday!

3. Joe321

Joe321 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    going to be going on the 25th of this month weather permitting. so if anybody who knows the river well and has the time i will be there around noon on the 25th and staying all night till morning setting jugs and trout lines to find them. i will try to fish by the lock if the current is not to bad. and i was just wondering if anybody knows a fella by the name of joe reynolds that lives down in elizabethtown, i used to speak with him on the BOC.

4. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    cant say that i know joe reynolds.......

5. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    ey it si me you found me how are you doing. well i do not live in elizabettown any more but i can give any info you need for the river.

6. Joe321

Joe321 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    whats goin on buddy, i aint been on this site for a while. so you do not live in elizabethtown anymore, that sucks i was hoping you would be able to go with use next weekend. but any info you can give me would be great. i have bought me a boat now so no more bank fishing for me. i do remember the spot you showed me to the right of the boat ramp. so i was planing on setting jugs and a trout line or 2 then heading up to the lock if the current is not to strong and try my luck there, but ir you know of a better spot let me know. thanks joe

7. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    give me a call at 3368859514 i give you all the info i can and hope it helps you tell you where to set lines for some nice ones and where not to due to lack of fish ok. thanks