Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
8,592 Posts
nick and i got out last nite for a little fishing not a bad nite landed 7 blues and missed about that many nothing big 2 to 12 lbs most were caught on bream had i break off . these are going to my mother-in law
Around here you would be better off saying you threw them back with love even if you carried them to the mother in law.:smirk:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mark i,m not afraid of offending anyone by telling i kept those fish i don,t keep big fish but when i want to keep eaters i do . i belive i payed for the gas and put the time in to catch the fish .so if i offended anyone if they would be so kind as to pay for my outtings i would gladly practice only their method until then when i catch fish they are mine to eat or release .i don,t release any fish that would die due to being hooked bad (it won,t be wasted just to say i released it ) my father who is 79 would eat fish 7 days a week if someone would cook them i do respect and pratice cpr but i also respect a person who wants to keep some fish to eat

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Very well said Randy .Thats my feeling also ,if i want some fish to eat i will keep some but if i don,t want to eat any i will release any an all i catch unless it is hooked in such a way i think it might die ,in that case i will bring it home to eat .

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Guys, that's just MarkJ being a douche. He's always trying to start some stuff. Sad thing is he wasn't even commenting on you, he was just trying to get some CPR guys mad.

On the topic, good catch Randy!! Don't think I've posted it but way to represent in that St. Judes tournament!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
CPR, CPR, reminds me of some new type religous group, we are rite, and everybody else is wrong, Im sure we all practice a certian amount of CPR, not everyone kills fish for the sake of a photo, some people really like the taste of fish, and sport can take a backseat to food.I fish for both reasons, I like the sport, an I like the taste of fish, so when I catch them I figure out which ones will go home with me, and which ones will go back, You see, I belong to a group IM going to start called SHG. We will be know as the selective harvest group, we will be know for monitering the bodys of water we fish, and taking a certian amount of fish from them to ensure over crowding will not become an issue, we will work together with law enforcement, to maintain data and reports to make our lakes and rivers a better place to fish, ( Because remember SHG,s we eat fish) and we dont want no dieased, mal-nourished fish coming to our table, we know what the broud fish does, so a large fish on our waters is treated in the up most respect, and (beleve me we have lots because of selective harvest), we determine by the hook set if this fish will live or die, if we think the fish has no chance, we take it, we dont waste nothing, at this point size is not an issue, and a picture is the least of things on our list, I have fished quite a few places wher you were not allowed to keep fish, private ponds, and such, reminds me of a tank where guppies are allowed to bred, but nobodys allowed to take them out, we must harvest, just not over harvest, when we pick the garden we take the fruit not the plant, same in fishing, hunting, gardening, take what you are going to eat, put the rest back, and dont let nobody, lip whip you into a state of mind, you are afraid to show what you took home, to the bro. and sis. on this site, in my mind I dont think Paul ever started this site for any other reason, than to bring catfishermen and women together to talk about, and show their catches, in order to make us all better fishermen, getting slammed for showing a few fish that a member decided to keep to eat, by a certian group will affect the site as we know it, I love the pictures, and hope to keep seeing them, and Im sure i have alot that agrees with me, mark, Im not jumping at you, I understand your point, but everyone, including the CPR guys gotta understand, God put fish here to feed the people, and its no sin to take what you need to do just that.

·
Registered
656 Posts
totally agree with Wes....MarkJ is just trying to stir things up, and he's sounding really dumb doing it because none of the "CPR guys" even said anything. He's basically defending a point that noone is arguing. I rarely see anyone on this forum give someone grief for keeping fish, and if they do it is usually because it is a very large fish. I think for the most part we all fish responsibly and practice selective harvest as it is, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find many BOC members who have a problem with someone keeping a mess of eaters. Anyways, Im glad to see you had a good day on the water Randy. And good thinking bringing the fish to the mother-in-law....gotta keep her happy!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I dont' think the CPr guys are like that now. I just think they put the time in to learn to catch big fish and it would really suck if somebody screwed it up. There ain't nothing wrong with somebody keeping a few fish, but what is really pitiful is somebody trying to start drama just for the sake of it. Reminds me of my ex-wife!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.