Cape Fear (Joe 0580)

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by bamaboy00, Jan 15, 2007.

1. bamaboy00

bamaboy00 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Anyone catchin anything?? If you are than what on!! I cant seem to even get a nibble.

2. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i got some nice ones this weekend
    water a little high but they still biteing i am useing eel. i lost one that was well in 70 lb range on whole small eel. los t it near a rock pile you know about but that means she still out there ready to fight again. talk to you soon. remeber shad season is about 3 months away.

3. catfish101

catfish101 New Member

State:
    nc
    what pool was you fishing lock 1 2 3 or below lock ? 1 crew want to go to
    tennessee this week i would more like to go cape fear it be 10 deg warmer

4. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i dont tell the exact place i fish but is between fayettville and wilmington. there are good place to fish and no you dont have to be in deep water. the cat i got was in less than 15 foot of water.

5. shellerflat

shellerflat New Member

State:
    north carolina
    In the winter months do you find the blue cats by using the depth finder or do you basically fish from hole to hole?

6. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    I went out this weekend and only caught one small channel but the water was about 10 foot higher than usuall. I was useing minnow but i heard with the water so muddy that goldfish have been working good so far.

7. bamaboy00

bamaboy00 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks Joe, I might be coming down this weekend you intresed in doin some fishin saturday or sunday night

8. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    joe you are right all the ones that i have caugh out of the Fear between Fayetteville and Elizabethtown has been at night in about 8-12 foot of water useinf either eels or large minnows.

9. Catzilla2

Catzilla2 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I fish the Cape fear in or near the locks at Elizabethtown, but I always fish during the day and I always use just plain old chicken livers. I have never fished the CF at night, but I have usually done allright on the smaller cats (2 to 8 lber's) just fishing off of the banks. I will probably have to give the night fishing a try this year though. Good luck to you all.

10. kylekutta

kylekutta New Member

State:
    NC

I have heard of this goldfish by word of mouth or in books.My question is are they the ones sold in the pet shops or slang for a different bait fish?

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    What you'll find in bait stores that looks like a goldfish isnt really a goldfish.
    It's called an orange toughy and they are tough. They'll live forever on a hook it seems like.

12. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    I heard that somebody dumped some REALLY nasty 1 year old chicken livers into the Cape Fear river and now all the fish are afraid to open thier mouths! LOL!!!!!

_

13. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    where did you hear that rumor. If someone did that where i was fishing at I would throw them out of the boat, and it was not my idea it was Teenie's.