cape fear is really low!

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by The Flathead Reaper, Aug 28, 2009.

1. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    went to old 87 boat ramp in fayetnam yesterday...........even with all the rain.......i doubt i could launch my 2070 from there..........too much sand on ramp.....not enough depth before hitting the end of ramp sign.....which is the end of the ramp!:sad2:

2. phase5supply

phase5supply New Member

State:
    Hope Mills, NC
    That ramp has not held up well, when you back down it the right side has broke up and the trailer always goes off the side, then if you back up to the left side you right on top of the end of ramp sign. Yes the sand is starting to really build up on the whole ramp. The road going to it is full of pot holes, they put some fill dirt in them but there about the same way they were now. My boat is only 17 ft. so I can launch with no problems. Then the tree branches hanging over the road on the way in scratches up your truck and catches on everything. I like because it is so close to the house but it needs some grading work and tree trimming done down there.

3. catinthenet

catinthenet New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I haven't put in there for a couple of weeks. I go up to riverside. I have consider putting in there last few days but now I have a newer truck, I worry leaving it down there over night. You guys ever had any problems with people messing with your vehicles etc? There is a lot of traffic , bank fisherman, sightseers that come down there.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  4. phase5supply

phase5supply New Member

State:
    Hope Mills, NC
    Knock on wood I have not had any problems, but I do not leave anything of value in my truck. I know some left a stolen Jeep down there last week. I have heard of a few small problems, nothing to much. I wish the game warden would go down there more. I have only seen him 1 time at the boat ramp this year.

5. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    dave i wouldnt leave my bicycle parked there or at tarheel!!!!!!!...i know the crowd that runs thru there...............continue at river side or lock 3!.......:eek:oooh::misdoubt:

6. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    fishe from lo.after i figured out where the tide was from the storm surge.........i finally got on the fish......caught about 10.........biggest might of bee 12 to 14 lb blue.............they were all puney...........bite was off bad!.......used the usual good stuff for bait.............i guess the fish were screwed up from the surge!:embarassed: