cape fear in fayetteville

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by bigcatwannabe, Feb 12, 2008.

1. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    can anyone tell me how to get to the fayetteville landing? i cant really seem to find and clear directions, i'll be coming north on 95

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC

3. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    I agree with Mark this is the best place to launch a boat from. There is an old lady that lives right there and kinda watches the place at night. It will cost you 5 dollars a launch or 60 for a year. Plus if you get there before 6 or 7 you can get your bait and see where they are biting at.

4. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    thanks guys, i sure do appreciate it, im kinda tired of elizabethtown, are there any hazards to worry about on the river along there and i think she carries eels too doesnt she?

5. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    My dad was down there today collecting water samples. When he came through lock 3 he said it was slam full of big shad! Only seen one crappie fisherman up around DuPont and one cat guy bank fishing below lock 3.

6. DH84

DH84 New Member

State:
    Eastern NC

Shad at lock 3? Already!?

7. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    yes she carries eels....and just about anything else you could possibly need....

Elizabethtown is not very good unless the shad are in there thick...then not only are the blue cats there but also the stripers...

up river from the (riverside) launch we used to run into a few shallow spots...

you always have to be careful...fishing in a river...it very easily could change day to day...

good luck...and remember that stretch of river is where the state record flathead was caught..

8. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    When they shut the back door on the lock big shad were boiling the water all around the boat!

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Dont go any farther then 295 upstream.
    You'll have a bad day real quick if you dont know where that dam is that spans the river that you can not see.

I tried to holler at one of those fellas in one of those inboard jets one night that came flying up there.
    He shot me the bird and CRUNCH.
    Oh well, I tried.:big_smile:

10. catfish4fun

catfish4fun New Member

State:
    nc
    we was at tarheel people had camp out .when we past them on the bank with boat planed out later we slowed up and was looking for a place to set up .they caught up to us 1 guy shot a bird , boat went less then 50 yards and something broke i towed them over a mile back to tarheel ramp .i should have let them float to etown

11. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    If I am not mistaken, once you put in there and go up river you have to be careful just past that second bridge. Just above it there is a creek that runs in on the left and there is very shallow sand bar there so you will have to go to the right but be careful there also because of the stumps.
    Mike

12. bambam77

bambam77 New Member

State:
    nc
    do be carefull when going upstream. The plus to it is during the summer months you can avoid most of the skiers!!! There are big cats up or down river!!!!!!

13. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    Try to stay in the middle and go slow around all the bridges, other than that you can avoid most of all the branches and logs. But like mark said I wouldn't go past 295, once you start seeing houses to the left it gets shallow.