Cape Fear Fayetteville 6/29

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Cathunter Pete, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Cathunter Pete

Cathunter Pete New Member

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    Went out last night fished from Riverside to 295 Bridge. Fished with with eels, and bluegill. Caught a big buzz and 6 blue cats. All 6 were caught on eel. Biggest one being about 15 or so lbs. The rest were between eating size to 12lbs. All were released. Fish didn't start biting till 1130pm and the bite picked up around 4am. I was just glad to get out as it was the first time in over a month, no monsters but a good nite on the river.

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      14.7 KB
      Views:
  2. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Congrats on the fish . It's nice to see someone out there doing some catching of fish and the buzz (lol). I've just been doing alot of fishing (lol) . Good luck on your next trip and keep us informed I might have to plan a trip up your way . :wink::smile2:

3. Cathunter Pete

Cathunter Pete New Member

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    Went out July 9, this past thursday nite, fished from about 6pm to 7am and had only 4 bites all nite. Caught only one, he was around 8lbs. blue cat off of cut eel. The moon was near full probally 7/8 IMO I think the moon turned the fish off IMO and experience. Does anybody else have any thoughts on the fish bite and the moon? It was the slowest nite I've had on the river in 2 years. However a bad nite of fishing is better than a good day at work.