cape fear bank fishing ?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by rangercatman, Jun 30, 2008.

1. rangercatman

rangercatman Member

State:
    Cameron, NC
    Anyone have any recomendations for a good nightime bankfishing spot on the cape fear? I wanna tgt flatheads.....Im trying to find a spot between fayetville & buckhorn......I dont want to go to the dams at night by myself...... dont want to have to carry TO much ammo....Or know of any flathead guides on that stretch.....? Looking to go sometime this weekend.

2. kaleb5000

kaleb5000 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    why dont you want to go to the damns by yourself at night

3. ATTICUS_BUDDY

ATTICUS_BUDDY New Member

State:
    mn originally now NC
    blewitt falls is about hour and a half from ft bragg. and the is some great bank fishing near arnett park. (401 to exit 100 take a right at the "T" and left at the wild life sign its muddy though but has paid off

4. papabear108

papabear108 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Buckhorn dam is on the cape fear north of Sanford near Moncure. There is decent fishing there and if you can hook up with the local guys there are some holes near the dam that produce some big fish. I went last week with my son and we caught a couple in the 2 lb. range for eating.

5. 1phatcat

1phatcat New Member

State:
    nc
    i think ill try out the buckhorn dam tommorow night ill post up how i do

6. 1phatcat

1phatcat New Member

State:
    nc
    or if anyone knows a better place around the same general area ild love to hear about it thanks

7. papabear108

papabear108 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have talked to some of the locals and I was told that the better holes are down the river from the dam. I have no idea how to get to where they are talking about, but there are some deep holes scattered in that general area.

8. 1phatcat

1phatcat New Member

State:
    nc
    well i fished the buckhorn dam tonight from the bank....used shiners,cut shad,worms, and stink bait ....barley got a bite and we had like 7-8 poles out along the bank .....bad night lol ....but the place looks like it could be better from a boat so i could go around and find the deeper holes

9. 1phatcat

1phatcat New Member

State:
    nc
    see if you can get a general idea of some of the places they are talking about and post up on here thanks

10. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    Check out the area around the Wildlife Boat Ramp on hwy 42 above the Dam. Most of us refer to this part of the River as the Upper Cape Fear. Have been some nice cats caught from the bank there. You will need to get there early to be sure you get a spot.

11. 1phatcat

1phatcat New Member

State:
    nc
    thanks fred ill check that out

12. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    theres not really any "deep" water between buckhorn dam and the rapids about 1 mile dowm.......its all pretty shallow but there are some good fish in there...i usually dont fish a bottom rig there...ifs its 5 ft deep i put on a slipp cork and fish by bait 4 ' deep........mack

13. ATTICUS_BUDDY

ATTICUS_BUDDY New Member

State:
    mn originally now NC
    where have you tried man