Cape Fear at Lock 3

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Wiskerstickerr, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Wiskerstickerr

Wiskerstickerr New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Is anyone going to be fishing the Cape Fear between Lock 2 and 3 on Sat 9 Feb? I'd just like to meet some catmen that fish that stretch of the river and bs a little bit. I'll be down there around 7 or 730 in a blue SeaArk. I'm launching at Lock 3. Would maybe like a little first hand advise. See ya on the river.

2. striker52

striker52 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    where is lock 2 and lock 3, I can't remember if either of those is the buckhorn dam but if so me and my buddy zack (arojekt) could maybe meet you up there

3. Wiskerstickerr

State:
    North Caro
    Lock 3 is Huske Lock just above Tarheel.

4. flatheadfisher

flatheadfisher New Member

State:
    NC
    My biggest blue from the Cape Fear came from fishing just below lock 3. On that same trip, my buddy hooked a monster. We had beached the boat and the fish took off downstream and he couldn't turn him. We tried to get in the boat but, he got us wrapped up before we could make any progress. I would love to know how big that fish was. I would bet it was well over 50 lbs. But, with the current ripping, who knows?

5. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    How did it go today? I want to learn that area myself.

6. Wiskerstickerr

State:
    North Caro
    My partner and I only caught one 8 lb blue. We found some more spots farther down river. There were plenty of catfisherman on the water. It seemed like we were all leapfrogging each other down the river. Looked like spots that I had marked on the last trip were good spots since others were fishing in them too. I know it will take me a little bit to figure it out, but my last spot HAS to hold some good fish, that is where we caught the 8 lb. I think that I might put in at Tarheel next time; closer to where I am fishing.