Cape Fear around Lillington or Fayetteville

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by phatdaddyfishin, Jul 12, 2007.

1. phatdaddyfishin

phatdaddyfishin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have fished the neuse for sometime now and looking to fish in a little deeper water, at least deeper that 1.5ft deep. Can anyone recommed any good boat ramps, or even somewhere decent to fish off of the bank around the Lillington or Fayetville area? As always not needing to know any honey holes just looking to get pointed in the right direction. Thanks.

2. s avent

s avent New Member

State:
    nc
    fish down towards fayetteville because 1.5ft deep is a hole at lillington.but lots of fish are caught shallow especially at night

3. phatdaddyfishin

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the info. We went back around the 4th to one place in lillington there was a lot of people so we didn't want to impose, but it looked pretty rocky, and shallow. We ended up i belive in maybe angier...somewhere down US421 beside a Howards Barbecue and caught a few, it didn't look like it had been fished though, don't really know if we were supposed to be there, but we got tired of riding. Anyone know any pretty easy to find boat ramps in fayettville? Thanks again.

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The only one I will use is Riverside.
    Go into Fayetteville on Business 95, take a left at the first stoplight, take a right at the second stoplight.

Its a good ramp, and there is one of them high priced tackle stores right there. My left butt cheek hurts everytime I walk out the door of that place.
    Your vehicle is is about as safe as it can be at Riverside.

5. phatdaddyfishin

State:
    North Carolina
    Great! Thanks for the info. I think we are going to stick around here and go put in somewhere on the neuse tonight in Goldsboro, but I do plan on going to try that spot in the very near future. I will post a update how it goes tonight, who knows might get lucky! Thanks again for the help.

6. fishingbuddie

fishingbuddie New Member

State:
    georgia
    go down to fayetteville bussiness 95 rt and go to the exit that has arnet park there is a good ramp there not alot of ppl ever there and wehn there is the cape is bog area there is the room huge cat fish thatere andalot of other fish too