Cape Fear 7/11/09 Me, Tom Cat & Kingfisher

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Mako, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    So we went to lock and dam 3 O'Huske last night fished from sun down to sun up caught a couple monsters. Tommy caught one that should be in the record books. Other that we couldnt catch anything moved about 8 times with no success. Seen about 5 dead cats along the bank and floating down the river. Oh yea i put a pic of my catch in there too he came along for the ride. Glad yall killed them at Sutton last night Nick and Randy......

Attached Files:

2. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Thanks Mako,
    Ya'll should have throughn the Flathead back and ate the spider . LMAO lots of protien their . The river's been like that to me down this way also so don't be upset . Better luck next trip . We'll try to get a trip out there on sutton next weekend . :wink::smile2::big_smile::tounge_out::wink::big_smile::smile2:

3. Cathunter Pete

Cathunter Pete New Member

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    I figured you all would have done a lot better than that. What all did you all use for bait? I was out Thursday and got only one, and had only 4 bites. I think the moon has something to do with the lack of fish being caught and biting. What do you guys think? Thanks for the report.

4. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    we used bream, eel and crawfish....oh yea and Tommy caught the flattie off a worm...:smile2::smile2:

5. BIGFLAT

BIGFLAT Member

State:
    Broadway NC
    fished friday night from 6:00 to around 1:00 am saturday morning, put in
    at avents ferry caught 2 flatheads . 31pd and 19pd, also only three bites
    the whole evening

6. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    im starting to think if you dont throw it on theirs heads they arent gonna bight it...:sad2:

7. Cathunter Pete

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    Mako, I believe your right about throwing it right on them. I fished shallow, deep, and on top of log jams the other nite with nothing. The only one I caught came out of 15 ft of water with a flat sandy bottom. Maybe they're tearing the mussles up, and they aren't wanting to eat anything but them for the time being? I don't know what's going on, I haven't experienced this lack of catching or heard of this amout of lack of activity in the three or four years I started fishing the river? Mako, what day's are you off, we need to get together and go out on the river. If Tom Cat, Kingfisher, yourself, and me all can out one night in two boats maybe we can figure something out, trying some different tactics?

8. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    Hey Bud, Im off on sundays and mondays...yea we need to do something. Dhart73 knows some places up here too and has a boat also....

9. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

Catfishin_Farm_Boy New Member

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    You should of used the Spider for Bait... Yall might of caught a even bigger monster flattie.. Lmao...

10. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    congrats to mako on his new pb flathead............him and tomkat had a real good night............a real purdy flat........40+ pounds.........:big_smile_2::haha:
    great job guys.......on such a bad night you guys toughed it out and showed what anglers are made of and it payed off..............

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  11. Cathunter Pete

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    Congrats to Mako is right! I just saw the pics and it's a real dandy flattie, he said it went 40.8 it's about time somebody does something on the river! He'll be posting pics in the morning.

12. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    Thanks everyone....Yup it was one heck of a night. One bight One fish One Happy Catfisherman......:big_smile_2::haha::006::0a31:

13. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    lol......look at that grin.........................hey dan....when are we going fishing?:wink:

14. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    next weekend bro is how its lookin so far! :0a22:

15. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    lol.......where do you want to go?...............looks like the wife may not be able to keep the trip this coming up weekend! if not..............we should hook up!

16. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    I cant go this weekend hope fully we can go next. I figured out what I need for the river.....NIGHT VISION GOGGLES.....:cool2:

17. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    lol.......how did the boat thing go yesterday dan?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  18. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    DAN you are grinning in that pic ;LIKE A MULE EATING BRIERS ,now thats a old redreck saying from your part of the state :wink::smile2:

19. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    man that boy cant stay up for nothing....i will take the cushions out the boat next time :big_smile: yea Dickie that and sh*t fire bo....:smile2:

20. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    hey tomkat and mako...........are we on for this weekend..............if everything goes well we should hook up and go hookem up:wink::0a23::0a22: