Cape Fear 3/3

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by FATFLATTIE, Mar 3, 2008.

1. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Me and Britton got out today for a little catfishing on the river. Started out trying to catch eels as usual, they were difficult, only caught 2. We had some nice shad I got in the net this morning though along with some shiners that ended up in the net as well. Got to the first spot and didn't get a bite but managed to lose Britton's brand new anchor after only one toss:angry: Luckily I had brought mine as well so we continued to fish. The wind was bad and we couldn't fish some of our normal spots which turned out to be a good thing. We fished some new water and ended up finding a couple of really good spots. I think we actually saw fish on the finder and then caught them:smile2: We caught several in the new spots and then fished some of our usual spots without any success. Only a few small take downs. After the tide crapped out we tried yet another new spot and got a few small flatheads so we finally have another spot that might produce on the incoming tide. Then we hit the usual spot and caught a blue. Then fished a little down town and caught one more and missed a few. Ended the day with 6 blues and 6 flatheads. Most came from 25-40ft of water but 3 came up on a shallow 15-18ft flat. All fish came on carolina rigs and the baits were shad, eel, and caught two flatheads on those wild shiners. Nice day on the water.

2. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    which boat ramp ya'll using wes?

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Have yall tried taking a holesaw to an old tire and used it for an anchor?
    Hard to lose those things. There is probally enough lost anchors below lock 1 to build a USS North Carolina.