Cape Fear 11/21

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by FATFLATTIE, Nov 21, 2009.

1. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    The wife and I got out on the river for a little catfishin' today. We fished about 4 hours. Had the new boat out and finally got a little cat slime in it.:smile2:

Cathy started us out with a 5ish blue and then I caught one around 8-10lbs. Action was slow for about 20 min. and then it hit. The fish wasn't pulling a lot of drag but it just wasn't moving. Cathy would pull and the drag would slip and he'd go right back. Fight probably lasted about 5 minutes. Finally got it to the top and man what a flathead...and of course I forgot the scales:angry: Got some measurements off of it 48in long and 31in around!! Used two different conversions and one said 52 and the other said 57lbs. Either way it's the biggest flathead by far I've had in my boat out of the river!! It was an awesome fish! All that in the first spot:big_smile:

We ended up fishing one more spot and got another flathead and another blue in the teens. No pics of these two. After that it was getting a lot colder than we had anticipated and decided to head in, we'd already had a great day, we put some fish in the boat and Cathy doubled her PB! Certainly can't complain about a day like that:0a23:

Attached Files:

2. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    :dribble::dribble::dribble:

3. shellerflat

shellerflat New Member

State:
    north carolina
  4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    What a Flattie. Congratulations to your wife. I know she was tickled and you were proud.

5. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    :eek:oooh: Awsome fatty flatty . Congrats on a great trip , and tell Cathy congrats on a beautiful fish . :wink::big_smile:
    It sure was a great day to be on the water yesterday ....:smile2:

6. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    awsome fish cathy glad you showed wes how to catch a big one

7. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Very nice fish there Wes... Congrats...

8. ptaylor

ptaylor New Member

State:
    Duplin Co., NC
    Tell your wife I said congratulations. Would love to be fishing right now. Finally got my new hard drive installed and I have come down with a case of the "crud". Feel like I have been shot at and missed and shi* at and hit!

9. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    Wes, i officially hate you now... lol nice fish.. What time of day did u catch that flattie?

10. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    good catch thats a nice flathead

11. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    It was during the day David, probably like 2pm I think:confused2: Can't really remember but it was in the afternoon that's for sure.

12. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    David why to you hate Wes now ,heck he didn,t catch that fish ,his wife did :wink::smile2:

13. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    That's a big ole fat flattie, Fatflattie!:smile2:

Congrats to you and your wife on a heck of a fish. Us James River guys are waiting for the flatheads to grow as big as they do in the Cape Fear. You guys have a nice fishery down there!

14. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I wouldn't complain too much about the fishery you guys have:smile2: One of ya'lls crap days would be a dream day for those of us that fish the Cape. Yeah, we've got some big (and I think REALLY big) flatheads but the blue cat fishing you guys have is unrivaled. You guys are truly blessed to have that kind of fishing. I'm gonna have to get up there sometime and get you guys to take me out and show me how to catch 'em:wink::smile2: