Cape Fear 11/20

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by mhbomber, Nov 20, 2009.

1. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    Me and a buddy of mine (Rhett) headed out for about 4 hours in search of the allusive 40 pounder. No luck with any that big but we had a great time and landed two nice fish. My buddy got his personal best catfish at 23.5 pounds (his first catfish ever) and a little later I reeled in a 15.4 pounder. Rhett was napping in the back and I was up front tying a few rigs when I heard a noise and one of our lighter action rods was going nuts. I ran back and got the rod just in time...it was taking drag and almost had me spooled. I guess I never adjusted the drag back from the last time I was messing with it. Both fish came in around 40 feet of water on cut eel. Water temp was right at 60 degrees. The first pic is Rhett's fish and the second is the one I caught.

Attached Files:

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    That's a good fish there guys! We're gonna give 'em a shot tomorrow morning. We'll let ya know how it goes.

3. rellis

rellis New Member

State:
    Raleigh NC
    Grats on the fish! Those are some nice ones. I'm gonna try my luck at lake Gaston on sunday if the weather holds out. I hope to catch some like the one in your pic.

4. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Congrats on a good trip and some pretty fish ...:wink::big_smile:
    Where were you ? Downtwn or what ???:confused2::tounge_out::big_smile:

5. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    We were downtown...not far from where yall caught that fish on the tournament day...Did you get a chance to fish last night?

6. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Oh ya , we had a great night trip . Funky currents made it tough but we ended up with 8 fish . :wink::big_smile:

7. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    way to go matt you will get your big fish this year keep it up