Cape Fear 11/1

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by FATFLATTIE, Nov 1, 2009.

1. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Fished for about 3 1/2 hours today. Ended up with 2 blues and one huge bowfin. The blues were 14 and 27lbs. The 27lber was the biggest fish I've caught since Feb., man was it nice to finally get some good fish!! Guess all it took was just to get back home:wink:

Braden hooked a big fish that was just peeling drag right from the get go but the bait doubled up on the hook:angry: Caught the fish in around 15-20ft of water and all our hits except the 27lber came on bream, the big fish came on a piece of shad. Good day on the water especially for only being out there for a few hours.

Attached Files:

2. phase5supply

phase5supply New Member

State:
    Hope Mills, NC
    WTG Wes, Glad you got on some nice fish, Hope you catch so more monster soon. I'm goin to Ohio on the 7th to hunt for a week I'm going to try to hit the river up here one night before I leave. Talk to you soon.

3. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    wtg wes.
    feels good to be catching not just fishin. I am glad it is fall and fishing the upcoming couple months.

4. Live Baiter

Live Baiter New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Nice trip there wes...

5. Cathunter Pete

Cathunter Pete New Member

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    Good to see you back to your old ways Wes! Congrats on the fish. I haven't been out since August, hoping to get out soon, but I've been spending too much time at work, and trying to find somebody to let me hunt on their property, which I haven't had any luck with that. Keep on catching them and showing us the pics:big_smile:

6. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    Wes, why couldn't we have had a day like that at the gathering!?? congrats on the pigs!

7. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Yeah, wish we could have. Just didn't work out for us that day:confused2:

8. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    You know why don,t you ? The word gathering came up in relationship to the get together :wink::smile2: Think back to what you have ever read about gathering seems to me all of them have poor fishing during the gathering :wink:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  9. ptaylor

ptaylor New Member

State:
    Duplin Co., NC
    I hear you Wes, back home and in the groove!

10. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Got back out today for about 3 hours and they were biting good again. Caught 5. 2 about 5lbs, 12lb, 16lb, and a 30lb fish. Biting shad today. Caught them in about the same water depth. All on Carolina rigs.

Man, just can't put into words how good it feels to be back home and finally catchin' some fish!!

Attached Files:

11. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I want to fish the cape fear river ive heard alot about it just want to go with some one who knows the river first so I dont tear my boat up those are nice fish do you catch any big flatties

12. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I haven't personally caught any big flats out of the river but they are there. It's where the state record came from so there's big ones in it. You have a bunch of options too, you can fish tidal, fish the dams, fish the NE. There's some water somewhere on the Cape you can find to your liking:wink:

13. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
  14. carolinakid76

carolinakid76 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
  15. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    Damnit boy.. quit catching all the fish! youre making me jealous...

16. todobiennc

todobiennc New Member

State:
    nc
    was from Buckhorn down to about a two miles downstream yesterday in a canoe for work. I was amazed at how easy it was to get back upstream against the current and through the shallow water.

17. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Congrats Bro , I know it feels good to get that damned old skunk off ....
    Keep it up and I'll be callin in to work so I can fish during the week .....
    Hopefully we can tare their asses up Saturday .....
    Keep it up and it'll only get better . :big_smile::0a23:

18. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Got out yesterday again:big_smile: We got 5 and lost two bigger fish at the boat. Shad was once again the ticket. Had a good time with fellow BOC member Crome, been too long since we fished together. Gonna have to do it again sometime real soon.

Caught some cool bonus fish too, a striper, bunch of little channel cats and one little blue and I also caught the biggest channel cat by far I've got out of the river. It wasn't big only about 2 or 3lbs but it sure put up a good fight on the UL rod, thought we were gonna have to pull anchor:smile2:

Jerry told me I put the ju-ju on his rods, all he'd had to have done was get the fish close enough for the lip grips:smile2::smile2: and keep his dang big fish out of my lines:smile2::wink::smile2:

19. seth3221

seth3221 New Member

State:
    NC
    nice catch. i was out yesterday and a few hours last night. 1 blue, 1 flattie, 2chan's, and 8 bass. thats the good news my lights quit on the boat along with the trolling motor then my

20. seth3221

seth3221 New Member

State:
    NC
    guages on the chevrolet quit workin on the way to the house. thank God we cought some fish.