Cape Fear 1-18-07

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by bufryda1, Jan 20, 2007.

1. bufryda1

bufryda1 New Member

State:
    Erwin, NC
    Went out the other afternoon and caught a couple. Fished my spot and caught 3 and missed 2. 19lb blue, 14lb flathead, and 7lb blue. All on cut eel in about 20ft of water. Cold water cats.

Attached Files:

2. rangercatman

rangercatman Member

State:
    Cameron, NC
    What time of day, & where at on the capefear? Nice catch!

3. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    nice catch where were you around on the FEAR?

4. bufryda1

bufryda1 New Member

State:
    Erwin, NC
    Fished from 4pm-6pm, upstream in Erwin.

5. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i went fishing this weekend too. only got 2 to bank that were in 20 lb range but lost a much bigger. water seemed to be comeing up. am going to try lock 3 this comeing weekend or weekend after. maybe some of us could get together and fish.

6. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    I was thinking about doing some bank fishing this weekend but i dont kow yet. The wife has been nagging me to finish my spare bedroom so i might be doing that.

7. Catzilla2

Catzilla2 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I usually fish around the lower end of the locks at Elizabethtown, but I do not know much about the other parts of the Cape Fear. Where did you get your eels this time of year?

8. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    I get mine in fayetteville at a place called riverside sports center ( right off of person st) it is on the river, well its the only shop I know that is on the river around here. If you put in at East Mountain Dr on 87 and go up river for about 2-3 miles it will be on your left hand side in between two bridges. One is a rail bridge and the other is person st. They go for 1.25 per eel adn they aint no small ones either they average between 8-12 inches each.