Cape Fear - 03/26/06

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by C_wernett, Mar 27, 2006.

1. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well, after a week of cold weather and rainy conditions, the bite was pretty slow. Even the bowfin were reluctent to commit to a bait. Three of us went out, and everyone caught one cat. The biggest being a 5lb blue, and then a 3lb channel that I managed just before we headed off the water. The other channel we caught might have been lucky to be 3/4lb., but somehow managed to get hooked on my buddys 7/0 circle hook. Yeah, got me too! Next weekend is to be the cattoon of East Carolina Trophy Catfish's maiden voyage! Hopefully the weather is good and I've got fish to report in the double digits.

Attached Files:

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    conrad im glad to see you are getting some time in on the water. i hope the maiden voyage goes great for you. you may even get that big blue before long. good luck

3. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    We fished this weekend below lock and dam#2. Our first spot below the dam proved to be fruitless as we had no hits. We stayed at the same spot for almost three hours.....

We moved down the river a couple of miles and marked fish in a river bend.

We threw our baits out it was even 10 minutes and we had our first fish....19lb. blue. The next fish came 10 minutes later a small 3lb. blue...

We had several other nice hits and then the winds picked up and the fish got lockjaw.

Caught a small 3lb. bowfin at the end of the day...if it wasn't for the dramatic change of weather, Sat would have been a great day!!!

I will post pics as soon as I figure out my computer...

4. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    The winds had already started when we hit the water, so it was real tough. We were marking fish in holes 20'-24', but the best hits we got came out of holes 25'-30'. Both of the channels were caught in holes in the 20' range, be we didn't mark a lot of fish in either area, they were just good spots in the past. The blue came out of the deepest hole we fished that day. The weekend before last, on really low water conditions, I caught that little flattie out of 8'-10' of water. But the week prior had much higher average temps, than those of the week preceeding last weekend.

But maybe we the launching of the cattoon, tides will turn and I'll get my blue. If not...well, "That's why it's called fishing, not catching!":)

5. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Hopefully this warmer weather we are getting this week will turn the bite on. I might be going down to the cape fear this weekend but not sure yet. Might just stay up here on the neuse. Last time out biggest cat was only a 5lb blue but didnt get skunked. Good luck everyone.

6. Southernraised84

Southernraised84 New Member

State:
    Fayettnam, North Carolina
    Im hitting the cape today. It will be the first trip i have made all year with my boat so wish me luck....lol. Hopfully this warm weather thats heading our way might make the bite pick up some.Putting in down around riverside in fayettenam if anyone fishes around that way let me know if you have had any luck and i will do the same. Good luck to all who are on the water.

7. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    The shad were in (not thick) below lock and dam #2. Not sure whats going on at fayettville....

but good luck....

post results