Canyon Lake

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Razzmatazz, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Razzmatazz

Razzmatazz New Member

State:
    AZ
    Has anyone heard of Flatheads being caught at Canyon? I thought I saw a post that someone said they caught a 5 pounder at Canyon.

2. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    That was me,about 5 years ago,caught him on a crankbait fishin for bass! Also have a somewhat lengthy story about getting hooked up with what i believe was a good flatty! That fish got me hooked ever since! Bluegills are easy to catch there. When you off laod youre boat from the boat ramp,head up the lake through the canyon and once you get to where the lake runs north and south,check out the entire west bank. Find the flats with youre depth finder and that is where i had my luck! Any of those little coves back there are full of gills!:cool2:

3. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    echoing what brianthlion said, I know lots of bass guys that have caught them at canyon varying in size but it's always accidental.

4. bass or bass?

bass or bass? New Member

State:
    North Phoenix Arizona
    One of the guys that I'm fishing with at Apache this weekend fishes Canyon regularly. His last time out they caught flathead and channel cats, largemouth and smallmouth bass, and crappie. We never catch a variety like that when I'm with him. Huh. Happy fishing.
    ~N.A.F.C.~B.A.S.S.~BoatU.S.~N.R.A.~