Canyon lake is hot

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Kevin N, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Kevin N

Kevin N Member

State:
    Georga
    Name:
    Kevin
    we went camping at Canyon lake caught two the first night (saturday) then sunday put up the tent set up camp and sunday night caught 5 more cats 3 good 8to 10 lbs throught the 4 nights we caught 13 good cats and several small ones I have pictures of some of the big ones
    there was a man,his son,& sons friend camping there too he never cat fished before after our weekend he looks forward to doing more cat fishing
    took us just over two hours to filet them he has nave filet a cat eather so it was a teaching and learning weekend had a blast it is always a thrill seening new people get excited about catfishing will post pics soon

2. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    great trip glad to see ya get into them!! Love to see the pics!!

3. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    yea pics would be cool!My buddy loves that lake, up river,but Im not real fond of it!!Its great for bass on swimbaits,but I never catch any good cats out of canyon!My buddy swears by it for channels,and has pics to show some nice 5-10lb channels from there!

4. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    I take the family there during the week for some relaxation, we set up - up river and just throw some worms out. INSTANTLY-----EVERYTIME we get just a boat load of frier channels. I have never NOT caught channels at canyon. It is a WONDERFUL lake for channels, never caught anything over 5 lbs, but have heard of bigguns in there.

5. Kevin N

Kevin N Member

State:
    Georga
    Name:
    Kevin
    here is one from canyon lake first of the week needto resize the rest

Attached Files:

6. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott