Canyon Lake for Bluegill?

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Will Fish4Food, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Will Fish4Food

Will Fish4Food New Member

State:
    AZ
    Was thinking about heading up to Canyon lake this weekend and was wondering if anyone know's any good spots to fish from shore for bluegill? My freezer's empty and I could go for some fresh bluegill.

2. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    For sure go to boulder canyon and fish there. its a big dock that had a big triangle at the end fish the beginning of that dock you can spot them and catch them easy. Or fish the middle of the triangle!

3. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
  4. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    thx for giving out my fav hole:smile2:

5. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Yeah Matt LOL. Now that you found a place to catch one pounders, give up our spot! LoL joking, plus I know you going to show me where you caught those huge Green Sunfish!!! Park in the first parking lot, walk out to the dock, and try to get them suckers out of that hole. Sneak up though, and do not stick your head over the railing, they don't bite once they know you are there. Or go fish that cove to the right about twenty feet out under bobber, with worms about three feet down. From that parking lot, walk down the concrete stairs, once at bottom walk to the right as far as you can go (approx 100 yards).
    Oh yeah, do not try to cast net them, Bluegills haul 14 kinds of ass when the net hits the water, and swim out from beneath the net. You will never catch them that way at that spot. The water is super deep right in that hole.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  6. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    yep...

7. Will Fish4Food

State:
    AZ
    Thanks for the suggestions - I'll post the results if I do any good.

8. Will Fish4Food

State:
    AZ
    Had a great day fishing from the dock at the Boulder Recreation Site! Ended up with over 30 decent 7" - 8" bluegill. Most were caught on mealworms with a few caught on dillys. My freezer is full so I'm good for a few months. Thanks again for the suggestions everyone!
    :smile2:

9. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    10-4, that dock is always loaded with Gills.