Canton Lake

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by stickusmc, Jul 23, 2007.

1. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    anyone here familiar with canton lake? i went fishing last night and caught 1 channel about 6 inches long and 2 bullead about 3 inches long each. anyone with info would be appreciated. i know there are some blues stocked in there a while back.

2. Peavey8Cat

Peavey8Cat New Member

State:
    Canton, Il
    Hi Chris. I fish Canton Lake a lot and I have caught 6 or 7 blues. Most were 7 to 8Lbs smallest was 4.5 lbs. My father in law caught a 50 Lb Flathead about 3 weeks ago. Most the blues I caught were at the Old boat dock area and on a slip bobber set up using Bluegill, Shad, Creek chubs, Live or Dead. I have not had good luck as of late. I think the weather change is at fault.

3. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    is the old dock the one down by the dam? we was down at the new one and walked through the woods to a little spot on the bank. i didnt even know there was flatties in there, im gonna have to get me some gills and see what i can hook into. oh and also is it any good by the dam where the bouys mark the airator things..im not sure if thats is even what they are. perhaps one of these days when woirk isnt so crazy i will be able to spend more time fishin

4. Peavey8Cat

Peavey8Cat New Member

State:
    Canton, Il
    Yes the dock by the dam is the old boat dock. I don't know if it's good by the bouys or not I don't have a boat but I would think so. Iv'e talked to people who go out there to get shad so you would think some cats would go there too. The upper end is the shallow end of the lake with the newer boat dock. Thats the end were my father in law "Pappy" caught his flattie. Heres a pic of it

Attached Files:

5. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    thanks for the info. im not that familiar with the lake but i have a buddy who lives on it and he doesnt do anything but boat:roll_eyes: and all i want to do is go hey stop here or there oh well i learn him sooner or later:big_smile: by the way that is a nice one wish i could find anything bigger than 1#