Can't Win! LOL!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by BIG GEORGE, May 13, 2008.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Off on mondays and tuesdays. Yesterday pourin rain and 30 to 40 mph winds. OK no big deal. Took care of some errands and things around the house. Tuesdays forecast was sunny high of 71 but still the wind. A good steady 20 mph with gusts. Went to the mouth of the racoon creek and took a look. NAH! I don't think so. Its a BIG wide open river and the white caps were talkin to me. LOL! So we came about and stayed in the creek. It was a productive day. A couple here and there. At the turn of the tide I set up on an inside bend with a severe drop off from 8 to 25 feet. Lots of structure also. Hooked in to a few decent ones there. One in particular that you will see decided to commit suicide. This fish went nuts. He got himself so wrapped up in the line that it cut his gills wide open. Never seen nothin like it before. Bait of choice today was fresh cut gills and shiners. Well theres always next week. I'm gonna get in that river! LOL!

Attached Files:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    A few more to bore ya.

Attached Files:

3. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice cats :smile2:

Did you notice you hold the catfish the same way you hold the guitar:tounge_out:

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    You did it agian, Big George.

5. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Sounds kind of like my last weekend! Except you caught more fish :smile2:

Thanks again for sharing the pictures and report!

6. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Lookin' good Big George! Was that one a female fish with provocative lips or what?
    The creek/river whatever looked pretty calm to me. Was that a driftsock I saw? Never tried one, myself.

The flattie made ya grin, huh?

Looks like you had a good day to me. Thanks for the pictures. Gotta go now, time to get busy on my boat so's I can get me some too!

7. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Wow, how big of a mess did the suicidal fish make. Wow. LOL

What's that tell you... the fish would rather off themselves than be brought in the same boat as George! Man if that doesn't tell you something nothing will! :smile2:

8. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Lets see,we listened to half a page of bitchin about the weather then you post pictures that show not a ripple on the water other than those coming from the drift sock,fair skies and bright sunshine.:big_smile::smile2:You aint becoming one of those fair weather fishermen are you?Strange I knew a guide on the James that used to be rough /tough and ready for anything.Pull anchor all day,trying to get folks on those good old biguns.Cigar stuck in his face and hell I remember when he wouldnt even take a bite to eat til his clients had landed at least a 20 lb fish.He went starange also,once the shad got in the river.Then all he wanted to do was jig for them with a Sabiki rig.Shameful thing watchin a big husky guide jigging for little shad with a sabiki rig when before he was fishing with baits so big when they hit the water the splash startled wildlife 400 yards away.Must be something with the beard,once a man gets to lazy to shave the next thing you know there he is with a sabiki rig!!!:smile2::wink::big_smile::eek:oooh:

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Believe it or not ya can get up in the creek when the wind is blowin from the north,north east or northwest and escape its effect. The creek has several twists and turns that ya can take advantage of when the river says no. LOL! It also has some nice high banks that ya can take advantage of. Thanx for the reminder on the sabiki rigs Jim. I was pretty much over the nightmares.:wink:

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats George!!! Thanks for sharing and your pics and stories never bore me.
    I just wish I could get out again soon but its not gonna happen for probably 1-3+ months......:sad2:

Until then, I'll rely on your alls reports and pics to keep me going!!!:wink:

11. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    thanks for the pics. nice fish. great post. Yeah! sometimes the weather plain sucks. Just like Nebraska. I you don't like the weather now, stick around for 30 min. it will change!:big_smile::big_smile:

12. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like you had your self a fun time fishing and them are some nice looking cats that you caught there congratulations on your catches and good luck to you from here on out on the rest of your fishing trips.

13. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Speaking of nightmares BIG G here is a true story.Couple of nights ago I was sleeping peacefully and actually dreaming of fishing.I was watching my Lowrance and the depth alarm started going off.BEEP BEEP BEEP you get the idea.Well Im fussing with it and cant get it to turn off and I'm geting mad and cursing Lowrance.MY cat jumped up on the bed and landed on me fortunately,he does that when I dont get right up and feed him his breakfast.I wonder what in hell he is jumping on me in the middle of the night for when I realized that the BEEP BEEP BEEP was my alarm clock going off and if the cat didnt wake me up I would have been way late for work.He got a little extra chow for being smarter than me!!!!:smile2:Besides he told me he knew right away it wasnt the fishfinder because the depth alarm was set for 2 ft and any fool could see we were in 10ft of water even in a dream.Maybe I'll just send his smart ass to work for me!!!!!Strange though how that sound fit right into the dream.I am currently looking for an alarm clock that goes "GET UP DUMBASS THIS ISNT YOUR FISHFINDER SPEAKING":smile2::big_smile:I saw some like that at Walmart right next to the Sabiki rigs!!!!:smile2::eek:oooh::wink::big_smile:

14. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Jim, you need to quit playing with BG's mind, next thing you know he will be on med's to keep him from having flashbacks of the Mighty James. Shame on you.

15. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Oh, but that is his FORTE Mac. He loves playin' with peoples' minds :wink:. SHAME SHAME. I'm havin' flashbacks of the James, and haven't even BEEN there. :smile2: Gees, let me run to the doc and get some meds.

So George, you're travelin' to the city.....uh, think you said 30 times a day or so? Gotta figure out where you live in Joisey, be makin' a trip that way this year. I need a fishin' partner; so alert your wife please :big_smile:.

Y'all anywhere near Jersey City?

16. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :worship: "Way to go Big Geogre" "Nice Cats"! :0a23:
    :wink: