Can't Wait to Turkey Hunt

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by sharpshooter, Jan 31, 2006.

1. sharpshooter

sharpshooter New Member

State:
    wharton, TX
    I just got back from the dentist and am sitting hear watching my turkeys out in the yard. My tom gobbled a couple times this morning and got me wishing it was turkey season.

2. turkey22

turkey22 New Member

State:
    alabama
    It's warming up too soon here in Alabama. I listened to one gobble 13 times this morning. I hope they dont start too early and burn out before season gets going in march.

3. Bubbahunter

Bubbahunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree with the warm winter we are getting i think this spring is going to be tough.Most of january it`s been in the 40`s and 50`s when it should be in the low teens.i look for things to green up fast and the toms to hen up early this year.

Rob

4. flatheaddundee

flatheaddundee New Member

State:
    Madison,MS
    I'll tell you whats gonna really happen. This warm weather screwed my deer season now it get cold during the spring and screw my turkey huntin. But no weather will ever stop me from chasin those gobblin or in this cold weather hypothesis non gobblin toms. Ill be fightin the snow if i got to.

5. quackkillsduxs

quackkillsduxs New Member

State:
    madison mississippi
    dundee i asure there will be no snow. just a little cold front coming through. really irritates me that the cold weathers comes after the duck season.you still up to sellin me that p-row

6. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    I always look forward to turkey season, my favorite time of the year. Catfish are biting, Sac-a-lait bite is on, morel mushrooms galore, turkeys are gobbling. Can't wait. I'm heading to south Florida in early march to start the season off. Won't stop until May 31st when it ends in Kansas. Did I mention I love turkey season? LOL!!!!!!!!! God bless.

7. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    man i was up at cabelas the other day and they had all the turkey hunting stuff out and that got me in the mood big time. I only have to wait 60 more days till i can go. I have been counting down since fall and im ready. Saw a thing for a turkey calling contest up there also im thinking about doing. Has anyone ever entered one?

8. Manolo56

Manolo56 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Mike--I could not agree with you more. Although I live in NE, I have been hunting spring turkeys in Putnum Co. Missouri for the past seven years. Usually a week there for the April opening and then a week in NE in May. I am also always on the lookout for the wiley Morell Mushroom.

9. Bubbahunter

Bubbahunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Turkeys and shrooms,got my mouth watering now!!!

Rob

10. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Monte, are you hunting the Hybrids, Merriams, Rios in Nebraska? God bless.