Cant Wait.....squirrel Season

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by field989, Jul 11, 2006.

1. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    squirrel season here starts next month..... I CANT WAIT....

just wondering if anyone else is excited that it is comming up soon..

finnaly get to shoot my 17hmr at some tree rats:big_smile:

just curious....

Jeff

2. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    im excited for any time in the woods:big_smile: and plus i think i might be huntin a new place this year so i cant wait!!!

3. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Its not far is it. Its always fun shooting a few bushytails. Most of my squirrel hunts turn into deer scouting trips but I still have fun. Cant wait.:big_smile:

4. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    yeah i do scout a bit also when im hunting small game why not..... lol

5. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    I am going to a WMA and camp during squirrel season they is a preety good lake there also with some nice chanels in it plus it will be bow season.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Guess we must be lucky here in MO. Bushy tail season comes in on the 15th of May and runs I believe till the 15th or maybe the 30th of Dec. I may be wrong on the closing date.

7. mrc

mrc New Member

State:
    SC
    It's been a while since I went out with the intention of shooting some tree rats. Might have to make a special trip this year.

8. sds888

sds888 New Member

State:
    Townville, South Carolina
    Oh yea I am ready The dog is chomping at the bit to go too. But ours doesnt start till october and ends in march. Your lucky for the early season.

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I have always enjoyed squirrel hunting but I think as Ive got older I enjoy it as much if not more than deer hunting. Looking foward to it are season opens September 9 Statewide this year. Its hard to beat a young grey squirrell fried up golden brown with gravy and biscuits.

10. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    havnt been last couple of years the little ones dont want to go that darn playstation 2 and my oldest she to wrapped up in her little friends

11. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I used to squirrel hunt, but I just can't stand to clean them anymore. It's just a hassle and I don't know anyone that would take them and clean them. So I don't go hunt them anymore.

12. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i still have about 2 1/2 months until squirrel and rabbit season! my season starts september 21 so i got a ways of catfishin left to do! lol:tounge_out:

13. zmoon

zmoon New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Squirrel hunting is one of the most fun things to do. Nothing like it. Missouri must have an over population with our squirrels, our season runs from mid may till the 15th of february. I like to wait to hunt them with a little cooler temperature, the heat of the summer is not fun.

14. mrc

mrc New Member

State:
    SC
    HOLY COW!!!! May until February???? That's almost as long as SC's deer season!!!! That's the longest season I've ever heard of for squirrels!!!

15. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I would hunt often before I got hurt. I just can not hunt any more.

16. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Yeah I'm lookin forward to it. But dove season kicks it all off for me. I LOVE opening day of dove season.

17. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I can beleive that. I went bow hunting in Missouri 1 time about 6 years ago and Ive never seen so many squirrells. I didnt know if I was just in the middle of them migrating or what but they were everywhere. Killed a pretty nice 8 point while I was there. Its not that far north of where I live but your Whitetails body wise are a lot bigger than they are around home.

18. zmoon

zmoon New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yea the squirrels are out of control during bow season. Theres nothing worse than getting all excited about a deer coming in and it turns out that it is just a stupid squirrel. Where abouts did you go hunting. I have noticed from even going from southern missouri to northern missouri that there are far more deer and bigger deer body size in the northern portion. Do you do any hog hunting down in arkansas

19. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    I'm jealous, ours doesn't open until October.

20. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Chiggers, ticks, snakes, and dew covered spider webs across the face. Poison ivy, stinging nettles, green briar vines and don't forget the hornets nests.
    Still... theres nothing like sneeking up on a tree full of fox squirrels cutting hickory nuts in August. Sounds like coconuts falling on the forest floor. I can't wait either!