cant wait for the ice to go

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by flatheadcat4u, Jan 13, 2009.

1. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    hey all, this ice has to go im getting no where fast if im going to get my three hundred days on the water ive got to get out there anybody have two hundred tons of salt?:roll_eyes: i was on the water friday and my lower unit went out on my 6hp and my 15 isnt ready yet so im now running a friends 25hp but the river are so low i keep getting stuck so i tryed to go to the lake but know luck its froze oh well ill keep trying if gas would go back down id drive to milford it might be open:wink:

2. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Last time I talked to Jim, Milford was iced in also. I feel your pain. Deer season is over and nothing to do until the ice melts!

3. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    No better up here guys I think its 3 F this morn with a high of the day around 18 BRrrr. I need to quit looking at all the stuff I think I need !!! :smile2::smile2:

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Take up ice-fishing. I started learning a little the winter of 2007/2008. No I'm waiting for some good ice to get back to fishing some more.

5. Fishking

Fishking Member

State:
    KC, MO
    Name:
    Andrew

Huh? How much is gas where you are at? I thought it was still pretty cheap. I saw $1.59 yesterday.

6. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    1.65 here in wamego not to bad but still to high:roll_eyes::cool2:

7. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    gas is now 1.74 and the river is a foot lower with ice coming back on dang it
    :confused2:

8. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Nate, the main lake opened up again, but most of the boatramp were froze up again today. We'll get a couple of warm days and you could launch your boat, specially when it's a little windy in the evening/night. But if the wind dies down to calm, by morning, you'll have ice again. The lakes froze and thawed about 5-6 times this year already.:crazy:

9. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    thanks jim i hope to come over some time to slam some of those blues ill call before i come over :roll_eyes:

10. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    They are talking mid 40's this weekend and 50's next week. Give us a shout if you see any shad floating Jim.

11. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Mid 50's next week? Tom did you hear that?:wink::smile2:

12. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I was thinking the same thing :wink:

13. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I have not seen the weather.Are they saying that for next weekend?

14. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Last Night's Weather Was Calling This Wen. High Of 68:crazy::smile2:.

15. RRRKKK

RRRKKK New Member

State:
    Quincy IL
    Well don't know which way too go, it's 3 below here today and yesterday I ordered a pair of ice creepers for my shoes and also 2 CATFISH ROD AND REELS COMBOS. Wonder which I'll use first. The might Miss is frozen solid here in Quincy

16. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS

This weekend is mid 40's. Mid 50's early and middle next week. Mid 40's late next week. Next weekend only mid to upper 30's for a high.

17. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Are you wanting to get out there if it warms up Jay?

18. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    If it warms up this weekend like it is suppose to and the ramps are not iced in, I thought about giving it a try. I can't take off next week when it is suppose to be really nice though.

19. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Hey you guys keep in touch on the shad kill. I'll head over there for some bait catchen.

20. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Getting a new boat soon hopefully, drove over the Missouri river today and there was quit a bit of ice flow. Looks like it ll be coming untill March or so. Cant wait to be getting my lines wet. Went to the Comburlin 2 weekends ago bought my girl friend a guided catfish trip for Christmas. Got me all in the mood to be on the water.:smile2: