Can't take it

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by catfishingRon, Sep 27, 2006.

1. catfishingRon

catfishingRon New Member

State:
    Earlville, IL
    I got up this morning thinking about deer hunting AGAIN. Now for me when I start getting excited about deer hunting I have to head to a huntIng store and look, which then I end up buying something.(Spend,spend,spend) Worse then the wife.

To help myself with the need to buy more stuff I dont need, I am heading to the river:big_smile: today to get some cats. There wont be anything better then deer and fish fillets:tounge_out: this weekend. The weather man says rain, I say he is on crack!

In my head I hear "deer,deer,deer,deer,fish,deer,deer,deer,,beer".
    Tell you how I did later.

2. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sounds like a winning combo to me!

3. catfishingRon

catfishingRon New Member

State:
    Earlville, IL
    Made it out for about 3 hr. Caught 7 cats:big_smile: , Id say not to bad. Even got to stop at Thortons Gas station and have a couple hotdogs:tounge_out:

Man what a good day. Didnt see any deer on the river though.

Oh, the wife got her deer tags today!:choler: I still dont have mine:sad2:

4. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    It's not long until the rut here in North Carolina. My wife and I found 3 big scrapes about 24 inches on our hunting land Sat. We Planted 5 food plots about 3 weeks back we check them out last week end and the deer are on them.
    My son and I put in 2 new ladder stands and a box blind a couple weeks back.
    Bow season opened up Sept 15 black powder opens Oct 1 and I can't wait.

:look_down:

:0010:

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've got the fever bad. that's why I'm here typing; couldn't sleep for thinking about Saturday's hunt. We have two more weeks of bowhunting before muzzleloader season. I've only got one deer with the bow so far this year,( I usually get 5 or 6) but I've only been out twice. The rut doesn't start here for 2-3 more weeks. I've been finding some big rubs so it looks like a good season coming up.