Can't seem to get away from em

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by kickin_wing, Apr 3, 2007.

1. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The past year i have been game warden bait i guess. I have been checked by them 8 times in the past year fishing and hunting. This year 4 times already. I guess i just look like an outlaw to them. Ive had some close calls but no tickets. Got checked last sunday was the last time. Theyr after me!!! :004:

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    The one time I tried to get out this year I got checked for the first time ever.I don't mind getting checked though,at least I know they are around and doing their job.:big_smile: Also,they have good info sometimes.

3. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I dont mind getting checked either but when they check you 3 times in 1 month i guess thats just bad juck.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Austin that is part of living in Illinois. Stay up on the law changes and make sure you abide by them. If you do this you will never have to look over your sholder. It's that bad in So. Illinois also.:lol: :big_smile:

5. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I don't mind being checked, the people on the lake have better manners when they are around.

6. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I've gotten checked once in my 51 years, and then he wasn't looking for me. He was sneaking up on the guy across the resevoir and scared the crap out of me and my son.
    No worries if your not doing anything wrong.

7. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    They have been doing alot of checking here in oklahoma too. I have been checked twice already in the last two weeks. I have never been checked before in my life.

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    If you are being checked that much, hopefully they are checking everyone else. Doing so would go a LONG way in helping our waterways.

9. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    That is true, evey time ive been checked on the water they have always been polite. But maybe this one guy was polite because he almost made me fall in the water. I was standing on the front deck of my boat running the trolling motor and this warden drove up to me real fast and turned quickly. He sent a big wave to the front of my boat and i almost fell off. :lol:

10. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I have only been checked once sense 1998 here in Georgia I wish we had more of them here.

11. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    When I see the G.W. I offer to let them see my F.L & ID. I see no reason to make them go thru the trouble of asking for my F.L.. Most of the time they will think me for offering and are greatful for me trying to make their job a bit easier on them.

12. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    I have never been checked fishing, but once deer hunting checking for loaded guns in the truck, he was nice and we were legal.

13. DM1975

DM1975 New Member

State:
    Manhattan, Kansas
    I get checked alot also now. I am on a military post tho and those guys are pretty ruthless. One of them knows me well and loves catfishing and varment hunting the same as I do so when he is out making his rounds at the local ponds or in the hunting areas he usually stops and BS's with me for a while. Tells me where the coyotes are running and where all the fish are biteing at. I am glad they are there. Keeps things calmed own around the ponds. On the lake or river I rarely ever see a game warden tho.

14. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Yea I like them to check me they have a world of knowege About hunting and fishing and I like to talk with them

15. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Before this year I think I may have been checked 3 time that I remember. Since Jan this year I've been checked 7 times, Would have been more but one of the game wardens just started waving after the 3rd time he checked my lisence.:roll_eyes:

16. odtimr

odtimr New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Got checked at a popular fishing spot three times in two days, once each day by the same warden. I did find out you must have your boat registration in the boat not in the vehicle. Really nice guys I imagine partly because I was doing nothing illegal. Luck