Cant say enough about american spirit nite stik rods.

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by flathunter, Jun 10, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The last couple years I have been very lucky on cathing big flatheads, I have caught the following.

55-lbs
    50-lbs
    45-lbs
    42-lbs
    40-lbs

Everyone of these fish came on nite stik rods, are there better rods? Sure but for 40 bucks each they work for me.

2. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I got a 12' er, I love it.

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Got to agree with ya there. Absolutely no need to spend $80-$100+ on a rod when the American Spirit rods will reel in anything you get ahold of. I love them too.

4. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sounds like a great rod for the money. Where can I find info or a place to by a 12' casting model. Thanks

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I've used one of those rods for several years with good success, also, until yesterday, when the reel seat starting twisting a little, mis-aligning with the guides. I don't know how to fix that, so will probably retire the rod. Thanks for posting.

6. flatheadsteve

flatheadsteve New Member

State:
    Ohio
    for the price you cannot beat the night stick rods. they are basically indestructable and can take alot of abuse. another good rod for around $40 is the wildcat king kat supreme rods ive been using them for a while and have had no problems with them either.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I buy mine online at castaway lakes

8. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    im a pretty big fan of the American spirit nite sticks,ive got four of them and probably wont be the last,great rods for the money and have been able to handle anything ive ever caught.

9. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i got the heavy action 8 footer but ,im streesing on the hevy action, wen tightlining with a gamma

10. payton350

payton350 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have to say that american is on my list for my next rod.

11. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    no i was mistakin i got a king hawk nightstick, differant brand ,it was 14 bucks on half price, its hevy i can cast 8 oz 70 yards

12. Southerncats

Southerncats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    great rod I agree...although they should rename them "American"......I think not

13. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    Point taken there SC.

14. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    You can by them online Direct from American Premiers Ebay store and maybe save a few bucks,I thinks there ebay name is Apsoutdoorsports.

15. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Or get them through the Catfish Syndicate for tons off...

Cork Handled $17

16. PABowhunter4life

PABowhunter4life New Member

State:
    Blawnox, PA
    I've been eyeing these rods up. Is there any difference between the cork handled models and the foam models besides the cork?

17. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    The cork handle rods are of much better quality than the EVA grip rods they sell. There is a reason there is a large price difference.

18. PABowhunter4life

PABowhunter4life New Member

State:
    Blawnox, PA
    Aside from the cork handle, I can't find one. Every description I can find for both rods are exactly the same minus the cork handle.

19. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    i checked them out a few days ago online but i hate buying rods without ever seeing or holding one in person.maybe one of you guys can help.i am looking for a rod that is 8-9 foot 1 or 2 piece and is somewhat limber with a soft tip,but still has enough backbone.im looking for a rod in the $40 or below category.im just gonna be drifting blood with them and need something that wont jerk the blood off as easy.any ideas?

20. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    They have more guides(better guides at that) and the 7'6" ones are one piece. The reel seats are better on the pro models. They are a little stouter. They just look like a better built rod too. They also have a picture of a catfish on the blank :smile2: which is just cool I think!