Can't remember

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by BIG GEORGE, Jan 31, 2009.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Not all that long ago there was a fishin rod made that ya reeled all the line up inside of it. It was tubular in design. What was it called?

The reason I'm askin is as follows. The dreaded "SABIKI" rig. The one that catches on to everything it is near. Clothes,nets even the floor of the boat. LOL! I witnessed an affective use for these rods. Ya can reel you sabiki rig rite up inside them with nothin but the weight sticken out the end of the pole. If I'm lyein I'm dyein. The fact that the rig is inside the rod does not cause any ill effects to the rig nor does it prevent it from comein out of the rod when ya release it or flip it. I wanna get me a couple of these rods for this sole purpose. Thanx for your help. :wink:

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent

3. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    george that was the Diawa Interline series

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    George i belive cabela's has there own version too....Maybe it's made by diawa also?

5. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    George.... go with the Diawa... its not cheep, but I have looked at it several times..LOL.... I usually get live chovies for the salt, and in the lakes and rivers its single bait like blue gill... but If I was around lots of bait fish ... I have one for sure....

Bayrunner Ray

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey George.....I've seen those Daiwas, I assume they are the Interline Series as the fellers said. Everybody I know just calls 'em Sabiki rods. They have a l'il trumpet/funnel shaped thing at the end.

Here's an idea for folks with rod racks (if you don't want to buy special rods). Get a piece of 1" pvc pipe (cheap stuff is fine). Measure how long the Sabiki rig is, and cut a piece of pipe 2" longer. On your individual rod holder, attach the tube with electrical tie wraps or tape. Then when you put the rod in the rack, drop the weighted end of the Sabiki down the tube first, then feed the rest of the rig in. Let it hang with the weight at the bottom and the line under tension, but not hanging OUT of the pvc tube; it won't get fouled up on anything.

7. Relocated-Yankee

Relocated-Yankee New Member

State:
    Goldsboro
    They actually make rods specifically for sabiki rigs. The tip is flared, like a bugle. There a lot less $ than one of those interline jobs. Just leave it all rigged up and it's always ready to catch some bait!

Cabela's carries one. I know some guys who made their own out of 3/4 pcv pipe! :cool2:

Scott