Can't make up my mind on what lake to fish in Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Scott Daw, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Im debating on where I want to wet a line on thursday. Greenlane reservoir or lake Nockamixon. I'll be shore fishing during the day so Im not expecting to catch many/any cats but Im definately looking forward to some crappies or some other volunteers. I havent wet a line since the extended trout season closed. Weather.com is calling for partly sunny, high of 56* & low of 38* with rain on friday. Anybody got some minnows?

2. cjb10876

cjb10876 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I've never been to Greenlane, but i used to fish Nocamixon a lot. I like the marina at Nocamixon, I just wish you were able to fish between the docks. It's nice fishing near a soda machine and a real bathroom to wash up afterwards. Also, they keep the marina well lit so when you go night fishing you don't need to cary around lanters or strain to see.

3. pacathunter

pacathunter Guest

if you fish the boat launch docks at night at the marina down there they don't really bother you since there is not all that much boat traffic!!!

4. Katfish-hunter

Katfish-hunter New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Hey Scott, Have you ever tried Blue Marsh or Ontalanee?

5. pacathunter

pacathunter Guest

let us know if you had any luck scott!!!!

6. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    i havent had the oppurtunity to go to blue marsh or ontelonee yet. some day i will. for now im sticking to my usual greenlane reservoir with the occassional excursions to lake nockamixon, wallenpaupack and beltzville.

7. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Lake Nockamixon at night.If you go to the main entrance by the Marina.Go into the parking lot and go straight to the end.There are benches there and a flat space for chairs too_On this side there is a deep channel and in summer I have caught some nice fish there at night.All the times I went I never saw another person,only another boat.Great place and very quiet.Safe and well lighted area.Also in the canal in Bethlehem,near the Hill to Hill Bridge is a great place also.Very safe and well lighted area.The first day for trout sux there.I took a walk last Sunday and saw many trout in the 12" range,I do not fish for trout,so at night it is dead there,except for me and a friend who fishes there.

8. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    Scott lets do Greenlane as soon as it gets warm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    when these cold snaps stop coming thru and the temp is a little more consistent then we'll definately hit greenlane!

10. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Well Im done with the first coat of stain on my deck and I have to let it cure for 72 hours. this means I have tomorrow to go fishing. Im heading to the nock for a day trip, I have to be home by 4:30 pm. Thanks to my fiance skipping the event she was supposed to go to in the evening. Now I have to take my mother shopping for a pair of shoes for the wedding instead of going catfishing. May our finned friends take pitty on me and cheer me up with lots of action. I promise not to eat them all.

11. cjb10876

cjb10876 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Good luck! it looks like the wind is kicking up and a storm is about to move through, so hopefully you get some fishing in before then.

12. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    well i could only go out midday. man those winds really blew. figuratively & literally. Caught only 2 white perch. If it werent for the wind it would have been a great day out. If I'd have had more time to fish, I'd have rented a boat and hit the drop offs on a few sand bars.