Can't keep a good woman down

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Mr Okie, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    It is 3:35am and Mrs Okie is already off to Walmart for the black Friday sale. They better look out because she had blood in her eye when she left here.:angry: :angry: :angry: I am sitting here waiting for my big brother to pick me up. We are going to try to fill a buck tag today. I forgot to post that I had already put some doe meat in the freezer on opening morning. I guess I forgot because I killed a doe and big brother killed a seven point buck. :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    She is TOUGH!:big_smile:
    Wishing you and the MRS. a wonderful holiday season.

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Yeah shes tough. I went through it last year for a TV. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, will I put myself through that. I was wantin to fight before I got out to there.

4. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    Good luck on the hunt today Okie. Remember, don't ever try to keep a good woman down! They can't get their work done if you do!!!!! ((:)smile2:)))

5. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    You can't eat the horns and Ihave never noticed a difference in taste. I did that black friday thing ONCE.

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I feel for anybody that gets in her way lmao shell come home with what she set out after. I have no doubts about that lol good luck hunting dam okie. Hope ya get a good one

7. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Good luck putting some brown down and good luck to anybody who get's in your wife's way while shopping. :smile2:

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Ain't no way i'm gettin close to a store. Good to hear Phyllis is up and going and good luck in the woods. Keep us posted on the body count and what kind of deals she made.

9. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Now that sounds like our Phyl... Good to hear shes up and running... Sorry about your wallet Scott....lol :wink::smile2::crazy:

10. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I was at walmart at 4:30 this morning but was out with the one thing I wanted by 5:10.

11. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    My daughter started out at 12 this morning. Them there ladies can be vicious when it comes to the "big sale" good luck with the deer hunting Scott and I look forward to seeing you and Phylis next month.

12. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Poop
    You want see the Mrs next month at the meeting it will only be me...Don 't want you to get the idea that the good Okie will be there because it will only be the Dam Okie..

13. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    your better off in the woods, going to a store on black friday.... no way, you could get caught in the middle of the shoe section when they have one of those blue light specials, they come running in like woles from every point in the store, you could be trampled and have many sets of shopping cart wheel tracks on you. its much safer in the woods with loaded guns......lmao:wink::smile2::smile2:

14. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    welll im lucky..all of my family dont dare about goin on black friday un till around 10 in the moring...we went to Bass pro today and i picked you a reel and a rod and some little stuff...I got a 7000iC3 and a 7'6 Heavy Catmaxx rod!!!

15. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Scott, Phyllis is, tough maybe? Defiance in the face of adversity is admirable. But the fear and weakness is where I will offer support. I will not, say not to be afraid, I will not say, show no weakness, what I will say is to have faith and hope.
    I hope I haven't went to far out on a limb with the folks here?

16. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    I don't think I have any idea what you are talking about. Not a clue. I don't think you have went too far out on the limb, I think you fell out of the tree and bumped your head.
    You think that I am showing defiance by going on a shopping trip with my daughters? Something that we have been doing for years. I ain't dead yet and I don't intend to just lay down and wait for death to arrive. I intend to live each day to the fullest. Fear, yes I have fear. Fear of the unknown and also fear in knowing what is ahead of me as far as pain. I walk in faith each day that the Lord will just see me thru one more day. As far as hope, I just hope that I can have one more Christmas with my family and have the opportunity to see the arrival of our grandson. I intend to fight this disease with every thing I have got.
    Our house has been pretty chaotic with lots of family and friends thru. Last night, the dam Okie and I were here by ourselves. My hair has been falling out by the handfuls and Scott took the clippers and cut what was left of my hair off. He then so gently lathered my head and shaved it. Let me tell you folks, that was a pretty emotional, humbling minute for me. Not the loss of my hair, but the fact that Scott helped me thru just one more hurdle that has been set before us. I am telling you, if you have found that special person that will walk beside you and support you as Scott has done for me, you need to treasure that person and to let them know just how much they mean to you. Don't take them for granted.
    Sorry to have gone off on such a tangent.

Peace/Phyl

And BTW, I didn't hurt the dam Okies bank account too bad, but I ain't thru shopping yet...

17. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Scott is a good guy, your lucky to have him as he is lucky to have you.

18. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Thank you, for your most candid and honest reply! My statement wasn't about shopping, I haven't bumped my head and by your response, you did understand what I had said. Now however, if I have offended you in any way, I offer my most sincere apology. It's good to air your feelings at times and I don't think you went off on a tangent.:embarassed:

19. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    keep on keepin mrs okie how many people did you fend off to get the deals u probably beat them out of the way:smile2:

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Mrs Okie, you crack my arse up! I wouldn't fret to much over that hair. Just think how much xtra time your saving every day for shopping and spending the dam okies money lol Godspeed to both of you. Sounds like two souls that were meant to be together as you tackle lifes obstacles. Well keep the okie in line while he's back in the Missourah territory and well keep a close watch out on em while he's at Cabelas lol let us know if we can help out with anything. Keep the great attitude. It's uplifting.