cant get my my dip bait to stick?

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by nevets91, Sep 12, 2009.

1. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    i have been using hog wild dip baits but cant get them to stick to my bait holders very well. i have thought about ordering secret seven to see if it works better but hog wild is so much more affordable. do yall have any tricks to make hog wild stick on it better? i mix it up and push the holder in and mash the bait into it but when i pull it out the bait holder is almost clean? so what do yall think?

2. bellymeat

bellymeat New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    that stuff sticks to anything (including you). Strike king dynamite also is good (catabawa worm formula).

Try the little cone holders, or if you are using the worms make sure they are dry. Never had a problem sticking any stinky to a worm or cone...

later...
    Ron

3. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    what little cone holders are you talking about? i have tried the ones from walmart that are sorta like a tear drop is that the cone?

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Get some 7, you'll be glad you did :cool2:.

5. bellymeat

bellymeat New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I personally like the tubes better, but you seem to have more gut hooks with them.

Also, it depends on where you are fishing, river or lake. I prefer cones in the river because they hold the bait longer.

later..
    Ron

6. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Are you using the Original Hog Wild? If so it is more of a Sponge Bait meaning use a sponge instead of a dip worm.Dip worms are for a thicker bait like Hog Wild Premo, Sonnie's, Secret 7.If you are using the thicker dip bait make sure the worm or tube is dry befor baiting.Or get a Mini Furry ThAng from Team Catfish it olds proble the best.
    Loop