cant get hog wild to stick?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by nevets91, Sep 12, 2009.

1. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    i have been using hog wild dip baits but cant get them to stick to my bait holders very well. i have thought about ordering secret seven to see if it works better but hog wild is so much more affordable. do yall have any tricks to make hog wild stick on it better? i mix it up and push the holder in and mash the bait into it but when i pull it out the bait holder is almost clean? so what do yall think?

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Try different bait holders. Some of the bait won't stick to the rubber bait holders. Also it may not be thick enough. The last hog wild I used I had to thicken it up. (use plain flour) I use the Secret 7 now, because most of the time I have better luck with it.

3. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    well i wouldnt think i need to thicken it up because when i try to mix it i can barely move the stick around in it i have almost tried thinning it some how but i would think that would make it stick even less

4. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Try using sponge type bait holder. You may have to thin it a little. The jar I had was thin. I like my dip bait about the thickness of creamy peanut butter. I make some of my bait holders out of one of those sponges women use in the bath. I think it is called a Lofa??

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I agree with Jim. After useing Seceret 7 I do not have that problem:wink:

6. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    i think i will eventually be ordering some secret 7 to try it out.
    but how would yall suggest thinning the hog wild i dont wanna waste it cuz it does catch fish when i can get to stick to anything

7. bigkane

bigkane New Member

State:
    Ashland, K
    The furry things and mini furry dip bait holders by Team Catfish should definitely do the trick. I've never used Hog Wild, but when I ran out of Secret 7 I used the furry thing in Catfish Charlies Blood Dip and it stuck as well. If you order some, give a small container of the 7 a try, you probably won't buy another dip bait again after S7.:wink:

8. way west

way west New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Buy a package of Furry Thangs from Team Catfish. Dip bait sticks to them real well. I've never had a dip bait that wouldn't stick to them.

9. Welcome to the B.O.C.
    Try Loopers rigs.

10. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    yeah im deffinatly goin to get some secret 7 at some point since everyone speaks so highly of it and what are loopers rigs?

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Looper rigs and Mine Furry Thangs are the same thing. The best bait holders on the market. In reference to mixing your hog wild the key word is Stir-Stir-Stir. You can also add creamy peanut butter to make it more sticky. You don't have to mix it all at once. Place some in a small container and mix until your happy. On the tube bait holders it helps for them to be dry when trying to load with bait. I hope this helps.

12. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    i have stirred it like crazy so mabey i got a bad batch its the first time ive got it and its like really dry so idk. but ill deffinatly be ordering some of the mini furry things soon. thanks for all of your help so far guys

13. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    dry your bait holder everytime you dip in the bait,if you dont it wont stick.so if you reel in and re bait dry it first with a rag then dip it it should work better then.:wink:

14. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    ive heard alot of people say dry it but it doesnt really even stick before i even throw it out the first time its just falls off if any clumps do come out on it.

15. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    You might have a bad batch of bait:wink: or get lil furry things or got to looperrigs.com....... Great bait holders:wink:

16. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    Is the bait creamy smooth or is it lumpy and dry?
    Loop

17. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    its lumpy and dry

18. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    There are a few things that can be added to soften it up.Cooking oil,corn syrup,milk and the list goes on.Just remeber to add alittle at a time while struing. You want it about like creamy peanut butter, now that you have it smooth.Lets talk bait holders,tubes,plastic worms,looper rigs,mini furry thAngs all should work the last two work best.Those you don't have to dry them off when you add bait just shake the excess water off and dip them again.Hope this helps.
    You can also use eggs to thin the bait but only thin what you are going to use that day.
    Loop

19. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    thanks loop ill be trying some of that today on my trip out i appreciate it hopefully i can catch some fish with it now

20. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    No problem always glad to help if I can.
    Loop