Cant get bait down here

Discussion in 'LOCAL FLORIDA TALK' started by reeftank, Jul 28, 2007.

1. reeftank

reeftank New Member

State:
    iowa bettendorf
    i cant find no bait down here i looked all over i have some bowkers from home have any of you had any luck with it in florida

2. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    What do you mean by you can't find bait here in Fl. ? There is more bait fish here in our waters then any place I've ever fished. I catch more then enough bait in 30 min's or less then we can use all night in most cases.

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    talipia is bait cut or live.mullet is great for fresh and salt.pogeys and mud minnows work.its all good

4. reeftank

reeftank New Member

State:
    iowa bettendorf
    i mean like bowkers sonnys stuff like that i know how to get live bait im not new to catfishing i have up to 50#ers under my belt it is just like you cant find catfishing stuff in the shops wall mart back home had like 5 diff stink / dip baits in it but thanks for the tips :big_smile:

5. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.

I don't use any of those type baits myself. But I know I've seen hog wild at the Wal-Mart Super Centers in Palatka and Danny King & another brand or two at Sport Athr. in Gainesville.

6. shuorc

shuorc New Member

State:
    fl
    I have found Florida to be a strange place, almost fisherman unfriendly in some places while in others it's almost like family. Walmarts are very inconsistant in their sporting departments some have a good bait selection others have golf clubs. A cast net, some small gold hooks or a sabiki rig is the best help in some places.
    Hope you can find a small bait shop that will your fishing needs, it's supposed to be fun after all.--shu

7. nole8302

nole8302 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Hello all. I am new to this wonderful organization and am very excited about receiving some tips and advice from the "masters". As far as bait, I am in jacksonville, and our Wal-mart/ sport's authorities have a fairly good selection of bait and stink bait. Like swampy said, can find plenty of bait fish, in any of the state park ponds or retension ponds. Then the fun begins.

8. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Charles---Nole Welcome to BOC, lots of info on this site.
    Have a great and safe day
    Walter

9. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Welcome to the BOC Nole.

10. Phantom309

Phantom309 New Member

State:
    Titusville Florida
    Welcome Charles !
    We (here in Titusville) went to the grand opening of our new "Target" store the other day.
    Wow was I suprised, their fishing section only had approx eight rod/reel combo's and they looked like they were for kids. Nothing, I mean nothing substantial as far as a dedicated fishing section.
    By contrast, our Wal-Mart has about six isles plus a glass surrounded case/W/cashier selling GPS's/reels/ etc.
    Am afraid Target has a loooooong way to go to catch up to Wal-Mart.
    I hear everybody complain about Wal-Mart, shoot, I love my Wal-Mart, especially for my fishing/boating needs.
    (my two cents).
    St. John's river finally coming up due to daily rains here, gonna have to get back out there.
    Hi Shu !, How's things with you ?
    Have a nice day
    Danny

11. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.

When they done the remodle on the target here they cut the fishing/camping area WAY back and marked everything down. Most was marked down to 75% off before it was over I got a bunch of camping stuff from the sale for my son. Now our target only has a few things that are not worth buying. The K-Mart here done the same thing now they don't have anything that's of use to me as a fisherman. Out of all 3 stores Wal-Mart is the only one that has anything worth even looking at.