Cant find any HOOKS!?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by cavillac, Aug 13, 2009.

1. cavillac

cavillac Active Member

State:
    Loveland,Iowa
    Hello BOC,

I want to find some new hooks to use live bait with, like gills/skipjack chunks,

I've looked at Cabela's and Walmart and no one even has a big enough hook to handle live bait.

So my question is what do you use( Circle Hook ect.) and where can I find them?

Thanks

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    a 8 ott circle is large enough to hook below the dorsal fin on a gill walmart should have em..:eek:oooh: If not this site will most definitely help you out..

www.teamcatfish.com :wink: Enjoy! Hope this helps.

3. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    I usually use 8/0 Gamakatsu Circles. If you have a bass pro or Cabelas near you you should be able to find them or order them online from those stores. If you do order online their are good deals on larger quanties from wholesalers and on Ebay. Also, check out Team Catfish, they have large gap Dual Action Circle Hooks that are a quality product.

4. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    everybody around here is out of them and cant keep them in so i have been using team catfishs double action circle 8/0 i love them my hook up rate has doubled with these heck i gotta whole pack of gammas i will send you they are 8/0 i wont use them anymore they are circles

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Check out WildWolf products in the sponsor section, they have a great assortment of catfish hooks.

6. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    I can understand that if the Cabela's where you live is like the one here. I like the place but they have stuff scattered all over the place and at times it can piss you off just trying to find anything.

7. Gills4Flats

Gills4Flats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    WildWolf products, AKA ShilohRed on this site, I get 98% of my Catfish supplies from him, Pete is good people.

8. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    Try Millard Bait and Tackle. If not try ordering them from Bass Pro.

9. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Bass pro if you want to buy it in the store. Team catfish or wildwolf will have it for sure.

10. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    team catfish 8/0 double action theyll hook into anything from a 1.5 lber to monster hawgs.. ive hooked everything from 2" shiners to 1.5 lb carp for bait and it held it all.. if you wanna go bigger.. you could try team catfish 10/0 river hook if that dont handle your bait you need to be fishin the ocean. Scheels is where i get all mine.. but i know you cant get them online too.. just cheaper at the store...

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  11. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I get all my gear at walmart....6-8 khale hooks....now that being said it is the biggest hooks walmart has but they work for me....

the spots I fish are nothing but snaggs...so I can't afford a dollar per hook like some ppl can:wink:

4.95 at wally gets me 40 khale hooks

12. catman79

catman79 New Member

State:
    iowa
    i use sickle hooks,i love them.hookset % has gone up by 65% at least,have yet to have a fish throw the hook either.i use 4/0 but am looking for bigger...

13. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    Fishin fredies on 48th in lincoln has a good supply catfish conection is another tgood place online I get about 99% of my stuff from there. 8/0 is the best way to go straight hooks or circles

14. cavillac

cavillac Active Member

State:
    Loveland,Iowa
    Ah ha, I got a 25PK of Basspro 8/0 "Catmaxx" Baitholder hooks for like 6$ and at Cabela's they had a Nice assortment of Gamakatsu (sp?) hooks, 8/0-6/0 circle hooks, a couple of 6/0 Kahle hooks and a few smaller baitholder hooks.

15. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Check us out at Wildwolfproducts. I have hooks up to 10/0.
    Pete