Can't even go fishing

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Bigones, May 25, 2006.

1. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well brothers I went out fishing tonight with Spencer and caught a couple small ones. Well on our way out we seen someone with there flash lights on. I looked at Spencer and said it the cops he said no its someone fishing. I said I bet you its the cops. Well we walked back to my truck and here they came. First thing they said was do you have an I.D. we said yes and gave it to them. Then he said what ar yall doing back here. We said fishing. He said well you are not allowed to be here this is a construction zone. He said its considered trespassing. What a crock of $hit. He said that someone stoll a car and they found it down there. I had my hands in my pocket and the cop made me pull them out. We said well is this not part of the GMR conservicy and he said yes but not yet cause its under construction. I hate that you can't even go fishing anymore what is this world coming to. Spencer said how did you know it was cops. I said well its begining to become a habit for them to be right on my tail and all I am trying to do is wet a line.

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    welcome to SW Ohio. as in most cases with stolen cars, bodies, etc, it was no doubt a fisherman who found the car.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    very sad that law abiding fisherman have to pay the price.

4. Spongiform

Spongiform New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Back when I was a kid I went fishing with my parents and some friends. We parked just past a bridge along the side of the way - nowhere near the road and walked down 30-40 ft to the river and started fishing.

Turns out someone owned that 30-40 of land and called the cops.

I always thought rivers were public land and there was some sort of right of way to get to them. Cops said otherwise and gave a ticket to all the adults present. I don't remember if they beat it in court or not - but it was a load of BS!

~
    Brian

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Here in Ohio the land can be owned right up to the waters edge but the stream itself is public. That means if you are in a boat the landowner can't come and shoot you away or call the cops as long as you stay in the boat. But out in some western states whoever owns the land also owns the stream, Now thats a crock.

6. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hey Tim I know about where your fishing at and I think the best way to fix that is to not park near there and take the longer walk in. I just asked a Cop yesterday ( coincidence) if I could park overnight at "C" Run Park and walk in to catfish and they said, sure, just dont back your car in, ( thats a invitation to meet others for pickle activity) and just know that after dark, they would run your plates but wouldnt come looking for anyone. Im talking about the lower parking lot, not the one that closes at dark.

If that dont work, time to do the boat thing until the "constructiin gets finished" which he told me was mid July last he heard.

Salmonid

7. flat1

flat1 New Member

State:
    WV
    I know the fealing about puttin up whith the cop $hit i was run off of a public boat ramp on the ohio river that was right across the street from my house two nights in a row but the brite side is there is a big sign there that said funding provided by the ODNR so i talked to the county game warden he said tell the cop to call me then see who get a ticket he said it is elegal to haras a sportsman in the state of ohio

8. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    this world is a sad place to live in. us catfisherman being blamed for anything that we know we didnt do. this just ruins our day when this kind of thing happens!

9. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    HMMMM! state funded huh? that has really got wheels a turnin in my head, have to check into some things for around here.

10. bird_dog2011

bird_dog2011 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    sorry man thats bad news what this world is coming to these days. I hate how the law is so strick and we cant even go to our favorite spots these days and even the peta are breaking down on somethings.