Can't decide!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by rednecksportsman511, Feb 18, 2007.

1. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    I'm looking to buy my second car this summer.

Right now, I drive a 1995 Chrysler Lebaron. I'm selling it this summer, and saving up money. Plus, this summer I'll be able to work more hours (more $). One of the things I don't like about my car is its inability to transport my fishing tackle. I need a car that will last me into college.

I'm looking into mid-late 90s Jeep Cherokees (4x4), although I would LOVE to find a Bronco in good condition, which would be difficult for my price range (btwn $3,000 and $3,500).

BUT...I love cars. Mustangs, especially. I have found some early to mid 90s Mustangs within or near my price range. I love cars, working on cars, and American muscle. I would be sacrificing versatility and function though.

So-should I go with 4x4's (Cherokee) or trouble waiting to happen (Mustang)?

2. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    John, I favor Mustangs. :big_smile:

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You cant go puddle jumpin in a 'stang

4. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Well sooner or later you are going to want to pull the boat to a gathering, Not sure the Mustang would be up for the ride....

5. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
  6. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Since you are into the hot rod & muscle car thing, and want to haul gear and possibly a boat, how about an early "80's" Malibu wagon. Good lookin body style, small block Chevy, turbo 350 tranny, 10 bolt rear diff. I've seen some sharp Malibu's & Malibu wagons. Lots of hop up parts available. :cool2:

7. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    great suggestion wabash, but here's the thing....i'm a ford guy lol

8. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    I would go with the malibu wagon, me and my dad had one for a while, then we had to sell it because we got a pro street regle, but for fords, try a 90s model ford tarus wagon, im not into ford, but i hear they are good cars.