Can't Decide !!! LOL Whatcha Yall Think ??

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Catfishin_Farm_Boy, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

Catfishin_Farm_Boy New Member

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    Hay Yall,

I'm lookin at gettin all new rods.. I have been lookin over all kinds of rods and just can't make up my mind...

My price range is Low to Med Priced..I like a one piece castin rod.. I want something versitile.. I bank, boat, river, lake, pond fish.. So I want something that would work good in all thoses and I fish for channels, blues and flatsheads.. Range'n in size from small to big as it gets.. I like a cork handle but foam is ok.. Castin kinda far is good too.. I mostly fish with live bait or cut..

I know there is different rods for all types of fishin but I want one that atleast half way be good in all thoses situations..

Probably put a Penn 209, Some kinda Abu Garcia or a Tidewater on them..

Thanks ahead of time !!!!!!!!! :smile2:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I like the Berkley Big Game rods, 6.5 feet. Its a one piece rod that has good action. I have 8 of them and Tidewaters are mounted on the rod. Great affordable combo

3. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma

Sounds like you are in the rod market......You might want to check out our Team Catfish rod video if you have time. We explain all our models and break down the actions for you.

Hope this helps.......Click the link....... http://www.teamcatfish.com/store/pr...d=327&osCsid=318c2a7ea4f278314f8c004a796a3d43

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Erik,

First of all welcome to the BOC/SOC from So.Alabama.

Now to your rod ?. There are some sponsors here that have good rods are you can ck out the ugly sticks for the $ there good rods I would stay with a 7' or 8' rod. Hope this helps you

5. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Take a look at the Catfish Safari Channel Cat pole. I think it will be just the ticket for you. I can not say anything but how great the poles are. Look around here and you will see for yourself.

6. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    By watching the catfish safari video i learned what to look for in a rod whether it be one of those rods or another brand,very informative. They made a rod for catfisherman, I do not have one of theirs yet, but i do not think you can miss!

7. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Try an Ugly Stik m/h 7 ft. Pretty versatile rods.

8. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

Catfishin_Farm_Boy New Member

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    I wanna thank everyone that replied to my post !! I really appericate all ur suggestions and info !! :smile2:

Shane - 6.5 is alittle short to bank fish with I would think.. How far you castin with that set up ?

Mr Jeff Williams (Team Catfish) - Thanks for putting the link up to your video.. It was really informative.. I really like how the actions and poles are explained and shown so easily.. They look like really great rods.. Also check out the rest of ur line of gear.. Really good lookin stuff..

Harold - Thanks for the welcome.. I am goin to stick with a 7 to 8 footer..

Dan - I'll check'em out .. Thanks for the suggestion

Mike - Thanks I'll have to check out there video..