cant catch any

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by fisherman63650, Oct 26, 2008.

1. fisherman63650

fisherman63650 New Member

State:
    missouri
    went out today didnt catch any havent caught any in the past ten trips can anyone give me some tips ? ive been deep shallow,sand bars,dikes should i try to put more weight and go in the heavy current. thanks for any help.ive been fishing rush island and chester and st.gen.

2. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Went out saturday in a tourny and caught about a 100lbs of fish total shallow and deep on the mississippi they were biting fair.Fished the missouri river sunday and caught 1 small channel cat.The river is on a very fast rise down stream from the missouri where it dumps in I think that has a little to do with it just keep moving around a be patient, try different cuts of baits big and small.The big fish are not biting real good right now for some reason I think they are in a transition to winter mode and not eating real well.Hope this helps.

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I think I would change baits and just keep moving until u find them

4. fisherman63650

fisherman63650 New Member

State:
    missouri
    thank you for the info i was wandering should i use bigger sinkers and go more in the current right now im using 3 to 8 ounce no roll sinkers i dont know if i need to be closer to the middle

5. ac30treb

ac30treb New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Going in the current is about the only thing left to try. I'd give it a shot, but my first inclination would be to fish deep with a different bait on each pole to see what they're biting on. I had luck down there about two weeks ago on bluegill. Herring is usually good as well.