Can't catch a fish

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by brinley45cal, Apr 11, 2006.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Boys i cant catch any cats.Just today i tried liver,nightcrawlers,danny kings,and big bite.All i got was a nibble on the worms,this has happened the last 5 times ive been out,whats the deal?any ideas?

2. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    I went out all day yesterday and couldn't get a fish either. I tried nightcrawlers, liver, shad, goldfish, and chubs. Had a couple of nibbles on shad, but no good hits.

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :0a23: sorry to hear you can't catch any fish ,however i am happy to hear that im not the only one with that problom .thought maybe i was doing something wrong ,but i guess not.i've tried all the same baits as you all have with no luck. It's got to get better(Right). good luck!!!

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I fished April through September last year, 3 to 4 times a week, minimum. Think I caught 4 cats total. But in October they started hitting to remind me why I like catfishing so darn much. But its okay, it the cats don't want to play, I'll find some bass. lol

5. catfish joe

catfish joe New Member

State:
    louisville kentucky
    i had the same problem Sunday was using frozen bluegill and had a couple of runs but i think those might have been bass or small stippers...But also the water temp in the ohio is still around 50 degrees or so

6. bluecatmaster

bluecatmaster New Member

State:
    oh
    ok im from cin ,oh and there are alot of nice of ******** here and ones that just have monster cats i caught couple of channels not to long ago though with circle hooks most catfisherman i know use circle hooks i love em sometimes i go conventional yeah gota have right bait and be there in the right time when there hungry:cool:

7. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    you on shore? i'd say keep at it w/ those baits but MOVE... try a different spot and if you can't get them to bite there keep trying new ones till you find a spot for them...

8. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    hey maybe your just putting your worm on backwards.:)

9. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    yeah i fish from the bank,not much choice at the momment.yesterday i tried several different places even different lakes and creeks all together but no fish.Im in some kind of funk.

10. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    You are using the main baits for catching them. I have been out several times and only caught one fish and that was the first trip. Water temp is a bit cold for most of us. Cats just arent hungry yet. When the water warms then get ready. Drag will be singing our favorite song soon.

11. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Soon the waters will warm up.......Fresh Cut Shad!!!!

12. cardfan4life

cardfan4life Guest

He isnt holding his mouth right. I went fishing today. Couldnt catch cats so switched poles and caught 11 trout.

13. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    You have admitted you have a problem and now you can begin recovery. Fish were created to teach patience. God in his infinite wisdom knew that a small pea-brained creature could reduce the largest IQ to tears. Perhaps the water was a bit cool, the weather was wrong. Believe me we have all been there. Just be patient and those poles will bend and the drag will sing.

Until then perhaps try for those other baitfish like bass, crappie, trout, etc. lol

14. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    Yeah theres a lake near my house that was just stocked with trout and crappie and ive been getting a few of those.But i tell ya its just not the same as having a cat hooked up.I guess ill just have to wait untill the cats are ready to come out and play.

15. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    I'm with you, I haven't been able to catch any this year. Other people have been catching good fish but I am lucky if I catch one 6 inches long. I expect to do better and will keep trying.