Canoe

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by lonegunman88240, Jun 10, 2006.

1. lonegunman88240

lonegunman88240 New Member

State:
    new mexico
    ok guys my canoe is comming along nicely, used a couple of stud hangers and a 2x4 and made a trolling motor mount, 36 lbs pushes that canoe very nicely, welded up the broken ribs, then bent and shaped a pieces of angle aluminum to fit and riveted it to the ribs for reinforcements, i drilled holes into the overhang on the angle which worked out great cause they are now anchors for bungee cords to hold cargo and supplies in, tomorrow im gonna fab up a couple of rod holders using pvc pipe and those heavy duty plastic grips so they can be used anywhere, and as soon as i get a weekday off, get the tubing and get my ladder rack built, cant wait to get it on the water again
    this i think is gonna be my main flyfishing rig

2. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Not sure about there, but here....as soon as you add a trolling motor to a canoe, it requires having registration numbers on the watercraft. If you haven't, be sure & check......

Smitty

3. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    Here in sc if you put on any kind of motor, then it must be titled, registered, and they steal taxes from you every year for owning it! :crazy:
    OH if you have a motor over 5hp IT must be titled, registered and they steal taxes for it too!

4. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Caones are a great way to axcess the fishing waters expeciaely skinny water but I think puting a motor on one realy takes away the special experence of a canoe.

SEE YOU ONE THE FISH BANK AT THE NATIONAL GATHERING

5. lonegunman88240

lonegunman88240 New Member

State:
    new mexico
    well here in new mexico anything over 10 foot has to be registered, i pay 24 bucks every 2 years for my john boat, and 18 bucks a year for the trailer, motors dont have to be registered as of yet.

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I agree,BUT.A light 2 hp.outboard motor at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle can cover many miles far quicker than paddling.This greatly increased my time in,range and access to far away areas,that were inaccessible due to time,conditions or regulations,such as "daylight only.It burns little fuel and stores easily in and out of the canoe.I have enjoyed many X-tra hours in distant places,due to the X-tra speed of travel.peewee-williams