Cannelton

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by on_the_fly, Nov 30, 2006.

1. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i went there yesterday and caught 1 right off the batt and lost 3 due to a whole lots of debree flotting around. the 1 i did get was a 5 lbs blue cat

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Leroy, I assume you were fishing below the dam, were you fishing the eddy, the current break or the current on the KY side, or were you fishing the lock on the IN side? Vern

3. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I was on the ky side on the edge of the main curent

4. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    My father and I fished out of Clovercreek Monday evening. I caught two blues one was 20+ and the other was around four pounds. We were using live and cut shad we caught out of clovercreek and fishing heavy current in the main channel. Vern

5. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    vern, where you in your boat or on land. i want to go if the weather acts right. how deep is it out in front of the rocks.

6. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Darryl I was in my boat but we were fishing above the dam. The depths are in the fifties or so off them rocks as far as I can tell from the bank. I have never fished below Cannelton in my boat. We were fishing the stretch where the mouth of clover creek dumps into the Ohio. Vern

7. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I think im going below the dam monday after I get my son on the bus for school. water level is at 14 feet now and will be 13 something by monday. I would go tomarrow but I think im going to cappie fish the lake here and see how that goes they finely are getting it down to winter pool levels.

8. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    on the fly i hope you have some luck.I cann't go til wed or thur because of work. it is suppose to rain wed. do u fish off the rocks. a friend gave me some frozen skipjack and shad i hope that will work. good luck Darryl

9. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    well I couldnt get over there today but Im loading up now and will be there in the morning. I'll post if I do any good. Im breaking out the rain suite.

10. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    well Im back and did I get wet lol. but anyways the barge repair boat is finely gone now and all the gates were open. I lost 2 and missed a few so I tried a circle hook on my rods and never lost one after that. I ended up with 7 blues all in the 2 to 4 lbs range. turned out to be a great day although I went through a lot of weights.

11. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    on the fly, i plan on going tomorrow. did u fish from the rocks. I have some skipjack and shad for bait. wish me luck.

12. KYfarmer

KYfarmer New Member

State:
    KY
    Any of you guys seeing any ducks or geese while you have been out. I cant find any around here.

13. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    well good luck darryl Im going back friday with a friend. O and I was using cut shad from my freezer. mine are about 5 to 6 inches long but I was cuting the mid part out and fishing with those (gut sacks). and the bite is light put on those circle hooks if ya got um. and KYFarmer I have not been seeing any ducks on the Ohio but here on rough river lake I see them all the time.

14. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Went to cannelton today . I did not get a bite below the dam. there was 15 to 20 boats on the water. I didn't see anyone catching any sauger. I decided to try the front side of the dam, in that resticted area and i got 2 real good pulls. learn something today when using circle hooks don;t use the bait clicker. Darryl

15. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    me and my brother went yesterday above markland the bite was lite i had 3 bites and caught 2 fish on "j" 9/0 cattmax hooks not (circles) , i prefer to set the hook and not leave anything to chance .

16. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    hey darryl i have not had any luck with those hooks at all i started to use king kahel hooks seem not to lose to many fish with those im going to be up around there on thursday 14 send me a pm ill bring you a few of these hooks an let you try them an see how you like them

17. catsey

catsey New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Hi! I Would Like To Learn The Area Below Cannelton Dam. Ive Fished From The Bank For Sauger Last Week Before This Last Flood And Did Ok. I'd Like To Fish With Others That Know The Ropes For Cats There. I Live Near Brandenburg. My Largest Cat So Far Is A 26lb.blue. Tell Me More,thanks!