Cannelton Locks and dam

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by perrycounty.in, Jul 24, 2009.

1. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Anyone been fishin the tailwaters of cannelton locks and dam been doing any good lately ive been hittin it pretty hard lately and until yesterday it was lookin pretty tough did have a 10 # blue and 5 others just under 5#s so hopefully its lookin up

2. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    must be nice. I cant even find a way down there and I only live 15 minutes away

3. BigCATDADDY01

BigCATDADDY01 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey man, we landed a 25# blue below the Dam Friday, and catchin a bunch of Flatties down around Troy. We have caught some blues on live bluegil this year:confused2: Damnest thing I ever seen havent hardly caught any blues on cut bait this year.

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    this time of year they love bluegill and mooneye...

5. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana

I used bluegills at Troy this evening from the bank and caught a big fat NOTHING. lol

6. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana

And Id like to add that those nothings dont taste too good!

7. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    think about the size of that river and all the places for fish to be... you have to put yourself were the fish are instead or waiting for them to come to you. move around and dont make the mistake that i see so many bank fisherman makeand think you have to cast to the middle of the river to catch fish..

8. BigCATDADDY01

BigCATDADDY01 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats a big ole DAMN RIGHT:smile2:

9. BigCATDADDY01

BigCATDADDY01 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Eric, biga tought me more about catfishin in an hour one day than what I had previously learned in my whole life.:confused2: He has alot of wisdom in this sport like many others on this site and one thing I learned is you can ask him any question you want about catfishin and if he knows the answer he will tell ya and if he dont he will tell he dont.

10. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    if i dont know somethin i aint going to make up an answer thats for sure !! but i know people that we can ask and get the right answer!! :wink:

11. OhioRiver

OhioRiver New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ill take all the info I can get! Us bank fishermen are so much more limited on where we can fish than boat fishermen. I throw anywhere from 15 feet out to as far as I can throw it.