Cannelton Dam

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by withone72, Sep 24, 2006.

1. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Has anyone fished down there since we had all this rain. It looks like it came up 13 ft in 2 days. Just wonder if the fish are biting. any replies.

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Darryl, I'm not sure about Cannelton, but here where I live upriver from Louisville we have been doing good. My brother and i got 9 cats fishing the banks up here on shad today. The biggest was a 20 pound blue. Vern

3. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    thanks vern,I guess i will try it wed. I hope it doesn't drop to far down. o by the way nice fishing camp. Darryl

4. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Went to cannelton dam wed. Caught 3 fish ,2 small blues and a drum.water was rolling. I seen one baot heading for the dam ,but turn around. there was a man and woman fishing and they had about 5 channel cat caught off nightcrawlers. fished about 6 or 7 hrs. They started hitting chicken liver but no hook ups. will try again sometime when i get the right bait, I need some skip jack. has anybody who has fish down there from the bank seen that dog or is it a coyote. just wondering. see ya.

5. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman New Member

State:
    Caneyville, Ken
    I believe it's one that some low life has dropped off to make it's own way in life. I hate when people do that!! I've seen it running up and down the bank for the last couple of months.

6. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I well me and my old man fished over there yesterday evening and cought two 8lbs blues and two 2lbs channels. good fishing over there

7. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    on the fly were you in aboat or on the bank? what bait was you using? I need to catch at least one nice size cat before it gets to cold. getting older cann't handle the cold like i use to.

8. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I fish there from both but yesterday we were on the bank. I mostly only use cut shad or skips.and yesterdays were cought off of cut shad. but the big guns shoud start movin in , in about three more weeks. I thought the curent was a little too strong we started fishing from the big rocks for about an hour then went to IN side and cought are fish there on the lock side. we were on that side for about two hours then had to go it sucked caz the fish were still bitting when we had to leave.

9. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    On the fly how do you get to the ind. side. i would like to try something different. thanks Darryl

10. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Glenmore that is what i thought it was,i been see him since july. One of the drums i caught i threw it up in the area he was hang out. it is a cute dog . i hate people who do that to animals. i guess he has been there for along time cause he stay away from people.

11. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    go on in to hawlsville and cross the bridge trun right at the light on other side and go up about 3 miles road goes right past the locks.There is a gravle area to pull off on. sometimes cars are there that are just car poolers. hek just give me a call and we'll go fishin. send me a PM I can go any time. I live about 20 mins from there on the KY side.

12. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    On the fly i think i know were you are talking about.I found that area by accident. I got lost the first time going to the dam. Went today not a very go day with weather like it was. water still moving very fast. there was a crane set up in the middle of the dam doing something. I did catch 2 stripe bass about 3 lbs a piece. next time i will try your spot. you said the bigguns will be moving in about three weeks,i hope i catch one then. see ya on the bank or the water.

13. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    yeah that crane started out in the first gate on the ky side they must be doing a annual check/ repairs on the gates. I'll be glad when their done. The water will calm down alot after the are able to use all the gates. I was there lthis past monday and the have three gates on ky side open ,the four in the middle are shut down and other 5 from the locks are open.My ol man and I are looking at spending the day over there tomarrow, not shure if we are going to use boat or not yet.

14. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    On the fly good luck. I hope u catch a big one. please leave a fishing report. The brothers in ky are kind of quiet about there fishing trips. Thanks Darryl