Cannelton Dam - Are the Catfish Biting now?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by usat212, Oct 3, 2007.

1. usat212

usat212 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I was thinking about going to Cannelton this weekend and I was wondering has anyone fished up there lately. Are any cats biting. Me and my wife usually go every other weekend in June and July and we usually do pretty good on the blues and sometimes flatheads but we havent been up there in awhile and like to try it again. I dont post much on here but I really enjoy reading everyones posts. Read them just about everyday. My brother Glenmorebuckman usually does the posting but he moved and hasnt gotten his computer going yet.

2. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    wish i could help ya out ... ive never fished cannelton myself... might take a trip up there one of these days.

3. usat212

usat212 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks, at least you replied. I dont think anyone been fishing up there in awhile.

4. usat212

usat212 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    It's going to be a hot one, hope the cats are biting, we will let everyone know how it went. Hubby is out hooking up the boat gotta go :0a22:

5. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    make sure u take some pictures of that personal best ur gonnna catch.

6. usat212

usat212 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Got there At 2:30 yesterday afternoon and stayed until 9. We caught six pretty good blues all off of skipjacks. They were bitng in spurts. When We would get one bite there usally were three or four more bites soon after, THen it would go dead for awhile and then start over. We missed alot of the bites for not being ready. Skippjacks were every wheres, so easy catching bait. Caught enough in the first fifteen minutes of being there to last the whole fishing trip.

7. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    sorry I was out of town for the past few days but any ways the blues are biting prety good right now I go over there atleast once a week.

8. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Can you catch any from the bank. i might give a shot this week if u can.

9. usat212

usat212 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I dont know if you could catch them from the bank or not but there were alot of people fishing from the rocks. I didnt see anyone catching anything but they were still there when we left. So they must of been doing some good. You shouldnt have any problems catching skippjack from the rocks either, all kinds jumping there saturday.

10. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Darrly thats just about all I do but I dont fish on weekends because of too many people out . I very rarely put my boat in the river. my grandmother is on her last days of life so I will be going back to Alabama soon but I am going to try and get down there tomarrow mornig or wednesday morrning I hope but grandma comes first not shure when I will get that call but its comming.

11. 2MNYKATSNOTENOUFTIME

2MNYKATSNOTENOUFTIME New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Leroy

I know what that's like brother. I lost mine on Valentines Day and that phone call was the worst feelin' in the pit of my stomach. Spend as much time as you can. Be careful and God Bless.

12. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I am sorry to hear that leroy. Hang in there and god bless